Which team is going to overachieve this year?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Leafs, we're gonna go to the 2nd round and prove all the haters and doubters wrong once and for all.
I’m gonna say 2 wins in the 2nd round this year vs Florida. GWG scored by Nick Robertson and John “I don’t pay taxes” Tavares.

I say Detroit. I think a big perception is that they will finish near the bottom of the Atlantic division this season.
I’ve seen most people say Detroit is a wildcard team this year. Buffalo/Ottawat/Montreal are the 3 bottom feeders. Detroit has been listed as one of the teams fighting for a wildcard spot and in most cases getting in.

Reactions: squashmaple

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I think Nashville is pretty good this year and then doesnt make the playoffs for a few years after that. Not sure what they think is going to happen by singing a couple of 34 year olds when your best player is also getting up there in age.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Feels like it has to be one of Detroit or Buffalo.

Which means it won't be either one of them.

I'm going to say the Blackhawks. Not because I think they'll catch all the breaks and get lucky, but because I think they'll be much better than people expect. I'm not saying they'll go on some crazy playoff run but I wouldn't be surprised if they give teams a lot more trouble then people think they should.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I've seen a lot of people pick them to finish in the bottom three.
I honestly can’t see that this year. They were competitive last year in games even though the record didn’t have them make the playoffs. They’re the best of those “rebuilding teams to make the next step”.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
So you think they will finish 2nd worst in the league?
Watch them finish above someone in the metro and not be the worst team in the division. My money is on the Philadelphia Torts’ imploding and firing him after he benches Michkov too many times for trying to hot dog on the ice.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Watch them finish above someone in the metro and not be the worst team in the division. My money is on the Philadelphia Torts’ imploding and firing him after he benches Michkov too many times for trying to hot dog on the ice.
Or Pittsburgh just totally collapsing. Highly unlikely and I expect a finish somewhere between 30 and 32, but it's not like teams haven't come together after tragedy before, especially with a new coach and young players taking steps in development. 80ish points and seventh in the Metro would absolutely be wild overachievment from what we expect from Columbus.

Reactions: miscs75

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Or Pittsburgh just totally collapsing. Highly unlikely and I expect a finish somewhere between 30 and 32, but it's not like teams haven't come together after tragedy before, especially with a new coach and young players taking steps in development. 80ish points and seventh in the Metro would absolutely be wild overachievment from what we expect from Columbus.
Pittsburgh is getting hype like last year. Remember when the EK65 pickup was going to make their power play unstoppable? Yeah, that worked out well. I can’t see them or Washington finishing above the Isles no matter what the bloggers say. Even Jersey or the Rangers don’t scare me like the preseason polls seem to say. Special teams points only get you so far until games matter like they do in the post season. Passenger points never fare well then.

As an islanders fan, if they figure out how to hold a lead and kill a penalty this year they’ll be a force this season. At one point midway through last season, I think they had the longest gametime with the lead last season.

Columbus I honestly hope does something truly amazing this year. 2 players gone in 3 years to absolute tragedies. They deserve it. Even if they just make it into the playoffs this year it’ll be a feat but still deserved for them.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I think Nashville is pretty good this year and then doesnt make the playoffs for a few years after that. Not sure what they think is going to happen by singing a couple of 34 year olds when your best player is also getting up there in age.
They had 99 points last year without those 2 lmao.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I think it will be Utah. They upgraded their roster. That Coyotes team was sitting in a playoff position most of last year up until the rumors started about their future. Getting rid of the distractions will unlock their potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad