Which team has the brighter future? OTT/DET/MTL/BUF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which team has the brighter future?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The Senators don't have a 2nd line center

The Wings don't have a 2nd line center

The Habs Maybe have a 2nd line center but Dach is made out of glass

Buffalo is the only team with legit top two centers.
?

When healthy Norris is 100% a 2nd line C. 55 point in 66 games, 35 goals, while playing an excellent 2-way game, but no, not a 2nd line C. Got it.

His health is his only concern - and it's a big one.

Pinto's trending towards being a 2C too.

Basically all of your post is wrong, which is hard to do. Good job!

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
?

When healthy Norris is 100% a 2nd line C. 55 point in 66 games, 35 goals, while playing an excellent 2-way game, but no, not a 2nd line C. Got it.

His health is his only concern - and it's a big one.

Pinto's trending towards being a 2C too.

Basically all of your post is wrong, which is hard to do. Good job!
You actually agreed with me while saying I'm wrong which is hilarious

Norris isn't healthy ever thus he's not a 2C If I don't count Dach as one then Norris isn't either.

Trending to being a 2C means he's not a 2C

I'm just going to assume you were and are angry at my remarks and didn't think about what you typed.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
He's not helping his team from the press box.
The fact that you refuse to acknowledge that Norris has missed WAY more games the Hughes and is no way comparable at all is saddening. No use responding to someone who is clearly trolling because he doesn't like facts.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The fact that you refuse to acknowledge that Norris has missed WAY more games the Hughes and is no way comparable at all is saddening. No use responding to someone who is clearly trolling because he doesn't like facts.

Yeah, he's the picture of health. Here are some facts:

DATEINJURY
4/9/24Upper body
1/5/24Upper Body
11/3/23Shoulder
2/7/23Upper Body
4/5/22Knee
2/7/22Health Protocols
10/19/21Shoulder
1/2/20Upper Body
11/30/19Lower-Body

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

DATEINJURY
4/9/24Upper body
1/5/24Upper Body
11/3/23Shoulder
2/7/23Upper Body
4/5/22Knee
2/7/22Health Protocols
10/19/21Shoulder
1/2/20Upper Body
11/30/19Lower-Body
cool, now share the amount of missed games between the two. and don't forget that Hughes is a way better player then Norris and got more points in the year he missed the most games then Norris did in his best year.

Reactions: dukeofjive

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
cool, now share the amount of missed games between the two. and don't forget that Hughes is a way better player then Norris and got more points in the year he missed the most games then Norris did in his best year.

You’re the one opening the door to discounting players due to injury.

I don’t think Hughes’ issues in staying healthy are much of a secret.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You’re the one opening the door to discounting players due to injury.

I don’t think Hughes’ issues in staying healthy are much of a secret.
Go back to the senators board and quit making a fool of the fanbase.

Norris missed an entire season of hockey and then only played 50 Games last season.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

DATEINJURY
4/9/24Upper body
1/5/24Upper Body
11/3/23Shoulder
2/7/23Upper Body
4/5/22Knee
2/7/22Health Protocols
10/19/21Shoulder
1/2/20Upper Body
11/30/19Lower-Body
Jack Hughes games missed to injury in five seasons: 62 (the last 15-17 of which he was playing through at 1.14/1.19ppg pace until they were eliminated from contention and shut down)

Josh Norris games missed to injury in four seasons (actually, these are only over the last three years my bad): 122

These things are exactly the same.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Go back to the senators board and quit making a fool of the fanbase.

Norris missed an entire season of hockey and then only played 50 Games last season.

Jersey Fresh said:
Jack Hughes games missed to injury in five seasons: 62 (the last 13 of which he was playing through at 1.19ppg pace until they were eliminated from contention and shut down)

You guys are so defensive.

A guy like Nick Suzuki has missed 0 games over the last 3 seasons.

You seem to like pointing out the injury issues on other teams without admitting your own.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You guys are so defensive.

A guy like Nick Suzuki has missed 0 games over the last 3 seasons.

You seem to like pointing out the injury issues on other teams without admitting your own.
Yes, again these things are exactly the same and should be treated as such. Congratulations.

Reactions: Xirik

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I thought Ottawa and Buffalo looked promising last year. Not sure who to pick now, as great pieces don't always add up to a good team. In general, they're all about weak in net, so whoever solidifies that should be ahead.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Montreal's rebuild started significantly more recently than the others, so I think right now I'd tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, even though there's a very good chance they'll be the worst of the 4 teams this coming year. But they also haven't been doing this for years and years now, unlike the other 3 teams.

Ottawa really could have started to figure it out, but hiring Travis Green to be the next head coach? Why?! That shows that management and possibly ownership are inept. Why didn't they try to take a shot at Sheldon Keefe? I'm glad they didn't.

Buffalo really should have started to figure it out, but I don't trust any of their front office, nor the owner. Hiring Ruff was very predictable. I predicted over 2 years ago that Ruff would be the head coach there again after he was done with the Devils, whenever that time came. It's definitely not anywhere near the worst hire like what their neighbors to the Northeast of them just did.

I don't really know what Detroit is doing, other than ensuring they finish anywhere between 7th and 12th in the conference for the foreseeable future. I have no idea what Yzerman was doing this offseason, and he's signed at least one stupid UFA contract the last 3 offseasons now? Honestly, Yzerman inherited such a nasty mess when he walked in that it was gonna take a whole lot of time. I said several years ago now that I didn't think they'd be a consistent playoff team any earlier than 2026, but many of these moves seem like they could put them in a wild card/lower seed spot or keep them in purgatory until they get another GM in there. I wouldn't be surprised if it's playoffs or bust for Yzerman this year. I could easily see both Yzerman and Lalonde being blasted into orbit without a playoff berth this year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yes but Leafs did not make the playoffs in 10 years out of 11 right before Mathews was drafted though. So it was not like an overnight thing. It was just as bad and the Sens if not worse, and almost as bad as Buffalo.

To be fair their actual rebuild started in 2015 and they were a playoff team 2 years later. Obviously drafting a prospect like Matthews helps a lot but nobody really expected them to be a playoff team so soon.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
People on here love to rag about the Sens' prospect pool but that's what happens when they hit big on 3 young prospects (Stu/Sanderson/Greig), 2 of which have turned into star/franchise level players. Not many teams have a draft like the 2020 Sens one.

In looking at these teams it's pretty impossible to predict because we all know most prospect pools never pan out even remotely close to the way they're projected.

If I look at team cores, I think the Sens are the obvious #1. They have 1C, 1D, 1G, and a good amount of complementary players.

The 3 other teams lack a 1G talent imo.

For one of the top prospect pools in the league, I don't see the Habs with a 1C, 1G, or 1D prospect. Hutson/Guhle, even if they hit, are probably not 1D players.

I remain mystified as to what Buffalo is doing and how they are building their team out. They have too many holes to fill and their asset management has been questionable. I don't think Tage is a player to build a forward group around.

The Wings always seem to perform better than I think they will. I think they have the most intriguing D-core highlighted by Seider and Edvinsson. I also like their draft mentality of strong two-way players.

So, in my opinion (that's what this post is about, right?), I see the Sens/Wings as being more likely to compete for the playoffs/Cup in the next several seasons.
People don't rag on the Sens prospects because of that, they are critical because there's nothing in the system to support those guys.

The Sens aren't a contender and don't have any players in their system to make them one. That's why people are worried about their lack of prospects.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
You actually agreed with me while saying I'm wrong which is hilarious

Norris isn't healthy ever thus he's not a 2C If I don't count Dach as one then Norris isn't either.

Trending to being a 2C means he's not a 2C

I'm just going to assume you were and are angry at my remarks and didn't think about what you typed.
He's not trending to be a 2C, he is a 2C with injury issues. If he's healthy he blows Dach or whoever on Montreal out of the water.

• Haha
Reactions: Habano

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Ottawa selected a top ten pick this year, finishing at the bottom of the standings and has one of the worse prospect pools in the league.

They have no cap relief and players on good deals will need new ones and a top six player in Giroux is getting older.

There is no more help coming. Too many things need to go right for this team to even make the playoffs, let alone contend.

Timmy needs to emerge as a true superstar and not be a ghost in the first half, Giroux has to not regress, Norris needs to stay healthy, the goaltending question hasn’t been answered, the coaching question hasn’t been answered. Atleast they’ve been addressed though.

This team is in “win now” but can’t win, they have the bleakest of outlooks.

I can see everything coming together and best case scenario they make the playoffs in a wildcard position.

On paper, the top nine group is good and the top four is good and the goalie is good. Maybe we can make the playoffs and go on a Hail Mary run, but looking at teams in the top four of the playoffs we do not compare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad