Which team goes deeper in the playoffs this season: Edmonton or Vancouver?

Which team goes deeper in the playoffs this season?

• Both teams make the playoffs, but Edmonton goes deeper

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Both teams make the playoffs, but Vancouver goes deeper

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Edmonton misses the playoffs, Vancouver makes the playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vancouver misses the playoffs, Edmonton makes the playoffs

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Neither team makes the playoffs

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
The Pacific is just so weak, even if one of these teams has a step-back season from last year it’s unlikely to be enough of a step back to actually miss the playoffs.

I’m inclined to believe the song remains the same though. Oilers should win, barring showstopping injury to McDavid.

Reactions: dalewood12

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
The team that just went to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, retained all their players and added some solid pieces on top.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Vegas is always dangerous but I don’t think they’re as good as they were anymore and I think the Oilers are the clear best team in the division and should finish first, and the Canucks probably make the playoffs again as I don’t think there’s a lot of competition for a top 3 spot outside of those 3 and LA. There’s always upsets in the playoffs so the field is probably more likely, but the Oilers should have the best odds of getting out of the division.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
All else equal, Edmonton by a hair. Assuming both teams are healthy, I think Edmonton would squeak by us in 7 again if we met. All bets off if either team catches a bad matchup in the playoffs.

Both teams comfortably make the playoffs, IMO (by virtue of the Pacific being the Pacific).

EDIT: I will say that Vancouver's playoff team vs. starting roster last year looked completely different so if JR and Allvin are aggressive again this could change.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Edmonton is winning the Cup, so maybe they’ll dispatch Vancouver on the path to the Finals again.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The team that just went to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, retained all their players and added some solid pieces on top.
That same team won in 7 games to a team missing their star goalie and EP playing injured. I think it’s a pickem

Depends on matchup and health
This really is it. Both teams are close enough in coaching and talent and chemistry that it comes down to health. One or two key injuries can make the difference. The margins are slim in the playoffs.

Else Ermine

Jun 1, 2024
The Oilers. Woeful start aside, this last season is the first time in the McDavid era where they didn't look like their weakest link would inevitably break and sink them. I wasn't sold on them prior to the year and scoffed at people calling them favourites but now I believe they're genuine cup contenders.

If the Canucks play the same way they did last season they can hang with most teams but that still just makes them a nuisance team to go up against. I think of all the western playoff teams the Oilers were one of their most favourable matchups; I wouldn't extrapolate from that series in isolation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad