Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Gross doesn’t sound like the miserable human some here have portrayed him to be

He’s paid to get Swayman as much money as he can. People only think he’s a miserable person because he’s not bending over backwards to get swayman to take a team friendly deal

Reactions: EverettMike

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I have no clue what you are talking about. What did Dom do and how does it apply to what I said to SwayHeyKid?
Dom went pretty hard on Gross - was discussed here. You simplified it that anyone who is talking bad about Gross just wants Swayman to take less than he should. I asked if that’s why you thought Dom was hammering Gross.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Dom went pretty hard on Gross - was discussed here. You simplified it that anyone who is talking bad about Gross just wants Swayman to take less than he should. I asked if that’s why you thought Dom was hammering Gross.

oh well no it was directed towards dom just everyone in general who has been complaining about the agent

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
agent has to be pretty rattled after the Gudreau tragedy

Let’s get him signed ~ 8/62

June 2025 Sway in Vegas awarded Vezina

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Exactly. Bobrovsky won a cup this year, and you know what? He was average in net (.906 SV%). We made him look good, because we were an offensive shit-show in the Florida series. Hellebuyck? He was atrocious this post season (.870). These are 2 of the highest paid goalies in the league.

You don't need elite goaltending to win a cup. BAD Goaltending can cost you a cup, but you don't need elite goaltending to win one. All you need is a guy who can consistently stop the shots he's supposed to stop, and basically not suck. The difference between a top 5 goalie and a middle of the pack goalie is about 1 less goal every 6-7 games they play in.

How many Cups did Henrik Lundqvist win?
I do agree that you don't need need elite goaltending but you do need above .900 SV% of the 13 teams that had a .900 SV% only 3 team did not make the playoffs STL, SEA and PIT and the top 5 teams in SV% all made the playoffs and out of the bottom 15 teams in SV% only 3 team made the playoffs COL, TOR and TBL. So bottom line you don't need elite goaltending but you need +.900 SV% goaltending and there's no doubt Swayman gives you that, you don't want to start the season with Korpi as your #1 guy that's playing with fire.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I do agree that you don't need need elite goaltending but you do need above .900 SV% of the 13 teams that had a .900 SV% only 3 team did not make the playoffs STL, SEA and PIT and the top 5 teams in SV% all made the playoffs and out of the bottom 15 teams in SV% only 3 team made the playoffs COL, TOR and TBL. So bottom line you don't need elite goaltending but you need +.900 SV% goaltending and there's no doubt Swayman gives you that, you don't want to start the season with Korpi as your #1 guy that's playing with fire.

True, a team doesn't need elite goaltending to win the Cup.

But the Bruins do.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
if I was Swayman and they offered me 4 years 27 M ~ 6.75

I would ask 8/80

I would take 8/64-68

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Why would they want to bury that story, that is what everyone is waiting for.

because of the drama playing out in the media, how long it's taken and the # he gets is almost certainly going to be fairly higher than they wanted. after all the tension in this one they'll most likely just want to get it done without much fanfare

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
We taking bets on what day he signs yet?
If he signs it will be a tuesday morning to get lots of good press on their own

If he's traded it will be third quarter of a tied Patriots game, or if it's a holdout into the NHL season it will be about 10:30pm election night.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
If you asked for 8/80 you could expect them not to return your calls for another three weeks.
so 1.5-2mil more is a huge deal with a high salary cap but is Korpisalo's 3 mil is ok? I'm not sure I get your logic? You have decided he's not worth 10 mil aav? Why not? What if the bulk of the money is years 3-6? Use the Vasi deal as kind of a guide. You're worry about 5 to 6 years from now instead of today? What's the logic? If he's not worth it to you what do you do with him? Deal him? Go with what you have? Let him hold out? Why not let his years 27-30 be his high income years, that starts in 2026-27, surely a shrewd move now with a 25 year old top goalie in the league no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad