Which superstars are likely to have a big drop in production ?

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Just to be funny and I hate him especially after whatever happened tonight.

Georgiev

He won’t even finish the season in the NHL

kk

diehard NYI/WPG fan
Jun 29, 2007
Taiwan (from Manitoba)
Matt Barzal. I think he peaked last year and don't see him repeating.
On the contrary, I see Barzal setting up for his best season ever. He was on fire in pre-season. Yeah, yeah... I know, it was just pre-season. Just watch though - that Isles top line and PP1 are going to shine this year.
(yes, bias alert ;))

stamkos comes to mind as most obivous one.
He has a pretty nice setup in NAS with top-6 linemates there. I don't see it coming just yet. Father time will catch up with him eventually though too of course.

Reactions: Craig Ludwig

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If Sullivan saddles Crosby with those linemates all season, then he's definitely taking a huge hit in points.

With Rust is injured, they almost have to put Bunting with the ghost of Malkin if they want any semblance of a 2nd line.

No other forward on the roster even hit 40pts last year. They just don't have very good options tbh.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Makes sense. The Leafs are a much weaker team this season and they're spiraling downward in the league standings year after year...from 115 pounts three seasons past to 111 points to 102 points last season.

Regression to normalcy is inevitable.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
With Rust is injured, they almost have to put Bunting with the ghost of Malkin if they want any semblance of a 2nd line.

No other forward on the roster even hit 40pts last year. They just don't have very good options tbh.
Yeah, they don't really have any good options. That said, Crosby has 2 points in 2 games anyway.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Makes sense. The Leafs are a much weaker team this season and they're spiraling downward in the league standings year after year...from 115 pounts three seasons past to 111 points to 102 points last season.

Regression to normalcy is inevitable.

I don’t believe the Leafs are a weaker team but Matthews will score less in Berube’s system I feel. We’ll have to wait and see how it plays out.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Stamkos for sure. I’ll also say Sam Reinhart.

Two seasons ago Reinhart had 31 goals on 227 shots (13.7%). Last season he had 233 shots which is basically the same amount but he had 51 goals shooting a blistering 24.5%. My guess is this season he will generate 235 shots and shoot 15.5% so lets say 36 or 37 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad