Which superstars are likely to have a big drop in production ?

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
No, I actually don't think that's true.

You just seem mad I said a bad about a player on your team, so you take the likely truth out on the person who dared speak about it.

92 points for a defenseman, especially one who isn't a clear generational talent at the position, is not very repeatable. Karlsson, who actually might've been a generational talent at the position went from 101 to 56. I don't think Hughes goes from 92 to 56. His best year seems more sustainable as something he can follow up, given age and the team he plays for, but 92 to something in the 70's (his career average for 82 games is 74.8) seems the most likely guess, and that would be a big drop.

Has nothing to do with “my team”. If you want to go post digging, go for it. You won’t find the evidence that suggests that I make this point simply because he plays for the Canucks. As you were critical of Panarin on “your” team, I’m plenty critical of Canucks.

My point is that you’ve been consistently wrong about Hughes (and there are posts to back this up), your opinions on him aren’t reliable, and I’m saying I disagree with your assessment there will be a big drop. For example, you’ve already declared that Hutson will score in the 70s as a rookie, the same rate as what you think Hughes will. You really think as a rookie he’s going to match Hughes? Are you not going to admit that Hughes had exceeded your expectations or ceilings every time you’ve set a limit? Would this not be another similar scenario?

I’m not afraid to admit when I get things wrong, for example thinking Fox was too slow for the NHL, and now believing he’s in the top tier of defenseman.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has nothing to do with “my team”. If you want to go post digging, go for it. You won’t find the evidence that suggests that I make this point simply because he plays for the Canucks. As you were critical of Panarin on “your” team, I’m plenty critical of Canucks.

My point is that you’ve been consistently wrong about Hughes (and there are posts to back this up), your opinions on him aren’t reliable, and I’m saying I disagree with your assessment there will be a big drop. For example, you’ve already declared that Hutson will score in the 70s as a rookie, the same rate as what you think Hughes will. You really think as a rookie he’s going to match Hughes? Are you not going to admit that Hughes had exceeded your expectations or ceilings every time you’ve set a limit? Would this not be another similar scenario?

I’m not afraid to admit when I get things wrong, for example thinking Fox was too slow for the NHL, and now believing he’s in the wrong top tier of defenseman.
I don’t think I’ve actually ever said what you claim. You’ve significantly distorted what I’ve claimed. Of course, you won’t actually go and find these things you claim because it’s not something that happened and finding the posts you refer to would reveal the plain words don’t match what you’ve claimed I said about Hughes. What’s next? It got lost in the servers. I’ve heard that one before.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
I don’t think I’ve actually ever said what you claim. You’ve significantly distorted what I’ve claimed. Of course, you won’t actually go and find these things you claim because it’s not something that happened and finding the posts you refer to would reveal the plain words don’t match what you’ve claimed I said about Hughes. What’s next? It got lost in the servers. I’ve heard that one before.
I mean, I just said you declared a rookie Hutson to score the same as Hughes. You refute that?

Here you were adamant that Dahlin has always been better and will always be better than Hughes, and that it’s not even close.

Here’s a thread where you call Hutson a better defensive Hughes, but suggested Hutson needs to be babysat, implying that’s an even stronger case for the defensively “inferior” Hughes.

Here’s a post where you say you can’t win with Hughes style of hockey as it’s not “effective”, even though it’s entertaining.

Here’s a thread where you said Team USA doesn’t need a player like Hughes.

Here’s a take where you called his play as lacking hockey sense and puck management. This one is baffling to me having seen Hughes play his entire career and these are among his strengths.

In this thread you lumped Hughes in with Karlsson and Barrie and implied he’s unable to control the game when he’s on the ice like Fox. The numbers last season suggest Hughes does exactly that.

Here’s a post where you call him terrible defensively and not comparable again to Dahlin.

Here you are again saying he’s among the worst defensively in the entire NHL.

Here’s a post where you say there’s a tiered difference between Quinn and his brothers.

This entire thread is riddled with your arguments as to why Hughes is the most overrated prospect.

Here’s a thread where you took a number of defenseman before Hughes.

You declared Brannstrom better than Hughes.

You said Chabot is better and that Hughes isn’t a number 1 D.

Here’s you saying a number of defensemen will have Norris votes before Hughes ever will.

Last edited:
Reactions: SiZ

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
I mean, I just said you declared a rookie Hutson to score the same as Hughes. You refute that?

Here you were adamant that Dahlin has always been better and will always be better than Hughes, and that it’s not even close.

Here’s a thread where you call Hutson a better defensive Hughes, but suggested Hutson needs to be babysat, implying that’s an even stronger case for the defensively “inferior” Hughes.

Here’s a post where you say you can’t win with Hughes style of hockey as it’s not “effective”, even though it’s entertaining.

Here’s a take where you called his play as lacking hockey sense and puck management. This one is baffling to me having seen Hughes play his entire career and these are among his strengths.

In this thread you lumped Hughes in with Karlsson and Barrie and implied he’s unable to control the game when he’s on the ice like Fox. The numbers last season suggest Hughes does exactly that.

Here’s a post where you call him terrible defensively and not comparable again to Dahlin.

Here’s a post where you say there’s a tiered difference between Quinn and his brothers.

This entire thread is riddled with your arguments as to why Hughes is the most overrated prospect.

Here’s you saying a number of defensemen will have Norris votes before Hughes ever will.
Bruh.

Perhaps take a break from this site if you’re gonna save every conversation you don’t like.

These are largely from years ago too…

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Bruh.

Perhaps take a break from this site if you’re gonna save every conversation you don’t like.

These are largely from years ago too…
I didn’t save these, I found these after a quick search using the advance function. This took 10 minutes. Plus he asked for me to search quite literally…

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

To be clear, I don't know what Lane Hutson has to do with this discussion about what you've not liked about my opinions about Quinn Hughes. Like there's literally zero relation. You've invented a fake sub-issue.

You think you are trying to dunk on me about Hughes because he won the Norris last season. In fact, I have always lauded his point production. If you want to find me doubting his offensive ability, please actually post the quote, don't link to some thread where I might've used his name. That doesn't actually tell anything about what I've seen. If you feel I've made disparaging remarks, please showcase exactly what I've said in an articulable way that people can understand as opposed to claiming it's there if others look for it. These are your claims about what I've said, so it's on you to prove it.

I have doubted his defensive ability and what he'd become. I commend his improvement. Don't think I've really said anything disparaging about him (not sure being truthful in the past is disparaging as opposed to just truthful). Good for him. Wasn't upset he won the Norris. Like I said, I commend him for the improvements.

At the same time, I don't see what any of that has to do with his offensive production, which is an area I actually don't think I've ever doubted. Further, I am not even speculating on which players I like and don't like. I'm just being logical of who might've had a career statistical season and is due for a regression. Don't know why you've turned this into a whole sideshow.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
To be clear, I don't know what Lane Hutson has to do with this discussion about what you've not liked about my opinions about Quinn Hughes. Like there's literally zero relation. You've invented a fake sub-issue.

You think you are trying to dunk on me about Hughes because he won the Norris last season. In fact, I have always lauded his point production. If you want to find me doubting his offensive ability, please actually post the quote, don't link to some thread where I might've used his name. That doesn't actually tell anything about what I've seen. If you feel I've made disparaging remarks, please showcase exactly what I've said in an articulable way that people can understand as opposed to claiming it's there if others look for it. These are your claims about what I've said, so it's on you to prove it.

I have doubted his defensive ability and what he'd become. I commend his improvement. Don't think I've really said anything disparaging about him (not sure being truthful in the past is disparaging as opposed to just truthful). Good for him. Wasn't upset he won the Norris. Like I said, I commend him for the improvements.

At the same time, I don't see what any of that has to do with his offensive production, which is an area I actually don't think I've ever doubted. Further, I am not even speculating on which players I like and don't like. I'm just being logical of who might've had a career statistical season and is due for a regression. Don't know why you've turned this into a whole sideshow.
You’re doubting his offensive ability which is the point— that’s why you say he’s in for a big drop in production. I’ve made this point clear. You’re saying he’s going to score in the 70s, which is why Hutson is relevant because you think his offense is going to regress to a level of which you think a rookie is going to accomplish this season. This despite Hughes’ history.

You’ve not been accurate about your projections on Hughes historically, which is the subsequent point. You asked for evidence and I demonstrated (I never limited it to offense), and quite likely is the case here ie your predictions on Hughes. I’ve linked threads and summarized your quotes, I don’t have time to quote your posts. Click the link, they’re there. I also never said you were disparaging (don’t invent things I didn’t say), only that you’ve been wrong about your expectations and outcomes for Hughes. If you’ve historically been wrong about him before multiple times, it’s quite likely you’ll be wrong again.

I’m going to bow out.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You’re doubting his offensive ability which is the point— that’s why you say he’s in for a big drop in production. I’ve made this point clear. You’re saying he’s going to score in the 70s, which is why Hutson is relevant because you think his offense is going to regress to a level of which you think a rookie is going to accomplish this season. This despite Hughes’ history.

You’ve not been accurate about your projections on Hughes historically, which is the subsequent point. You asked for evidence and I demonstrated (I never limited it to offense), and quite likely is the case here ie your predictions on Hughes. I’ve linked threads and summarized your quotes, I don’t have time to quote your posts. Click the link, they’re there. I also never said you were disparaging (don’t invent things I didn’t say), only that you’ve been wrong about your expectations and outcomes for Hughes. If you’ve historically been wrong about him before multiple times, it’s quite likely you’ll be wrong again.

I’m going to bow out.
So again, you can't actually cite anything. You just link to a bunch of posts that might or might not fit your claims, but you want people to trust you that they do. Either you know they don't and think enough are dumb enough to just take your word or you are just lazy after getting accusatory against someone for literally no reason other than they said a bad about a player on your team.

Quinn Hughes has had exactly one season above 76 points. It is absolutely very unlikely for him to repeat a 92 point season. Sorry if you think that's a controversial thing to say. It's a true thing to say. If he repeats it, he will be beating what is likely. The same applies to the others I've said similar things for, but of course this isn't about questioning the logic, this is about trying to discredit someone who said the truth.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
So again, you can't actually cite anything. You just link to a bunch of posts that might or might not fit your claims, but you want people to trust you that they do. Either you know they don't and think enough are dumb enough to just take your word or you are just lazy after getting accusatory against someone for literally no reason other than they said a bad about a player on your team.

Quinn Hughes has had exactly one season above 76 points. It is absolutely very unlikely for him to repeat a 92 point season. Sorry if you think that's a controversial thing to say. It's a true thing to say. If he repeats it, he will be beating what is likely. The same applies to the others I've said similar things for, but of course this isn't about questioning the logic, this is about trying to discredit someone who said the truth.
The links are the citations… up to you to believe whether or not they prove the point you’ve been wrong about him before. You asked and I gave you the way. Click the links if you want or don’t. I’ve got nothing to hide behind because I put the links for anyone to see. Don’t have trust me or take my word for it; use your mouse and click.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad