Which superstars are likely to have a big drop in production ?

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
No, I actually don't think that's true.

You just seem mad I said a bad about a player on your team, so you take the likely truth out on the person who dared speak about it.

92 points for a defenseman, especially one who isn't a clear generational talent at the position, is not very repeatable. Karlsson, who actually might've been a generational talent at the position went from 101 to 56. I don't think Hughes goes from 92 to 56. His best year seems more sustainable as something he can follow up, given age and the team he plays for, but 92 to something in the 70's (his career average for 82 games is 74.8) seems the most likely guess, and that would be a big drop.

Has nothing to do with “my team”. If you want to go post digging, go for it. You won’t find the evidence that suggests that I make this point simply because he plays for the Canucks. As you were critical of Panarin on “your” team, I’m plenty critical of Canucks.

My point is that you’ve been consistently wrong about Hughes (and there are posts to back this up), your opinions on him aren’t reliable, and I’m saying I disagree with your assessment there will be a big drop. For example, you’ve already declared that Hutson will score in the 70s as a rookie, the same rate as what you think Hughes will. You really think as a rookie he’s going to match Hughes? Are you not going to admit that Hughes had exceeded your expectations or ceilings every time you’ve set a limit? Would this not be another similar scenario?

I’m not afraid to admit when I get things wrong, for example thinking Fox was too slow for the NHL, and now believing he’s in the top tier of defenseman.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has nothing to do with “my team”. If you want to go post digging, go for it. You won’t find the evidence that suggests that I make this point simply because he plays for the Canucks. As you were critical of Panarin on “your” team, I’m plenty critical of Canucks.

My point is that you’ve been consistently wrong about Hughes (and there are posts to back this up), your opinions on him aren’t reliable, and I’m saying I disagree with your assessment there will be a big drop. For example, you’ve already declared that Hutson will score in the 70s as a rookie, the same rate as what you think Hughes will. You really think as a rookie he’s going to match Hughes? Are you not going to admit that Hughes had exceeded your expectations or ceilings every time you’ve set a limit? Would this not be another similar scenario?

I’m not afraid to admit when I get things wrong, for example thinking Fox was too slow for the NHL, and now believing he’s in the wrong top tier of defenseman.
I don’t think I’ve actually ever said what you claim. You’ve significantly distorted what I’ve claimed. Of course, you won’t actually go and find these things you claim because it’s not something that happened and finding the posts you refer to would reveal the plain words don’t match what you’ve claimed I said about Hughes. What’s next? It got lost in the servers. I’ve heard that one before.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
I don’t think I’ve actually ever said what you claim. You’ve significantly distorted what I’ve claimed. Of course, you won’t actually go and find these things you claim because it’s not something that happened and finding the posts you refer to would reveal the plain words don’t match what you’ve claimed I said about Hughes. What’s next? It got lost in the servers. I’ve heard that one before.
I mean, I just said you declared a rookie Hutson to score the same as Hughes. You refute that?

Here you were adamant that Dahlin has always been better and will always be better than Hughes, and that it’s not even close.

Here’s a thread where you call Hutson a better defensive Hughes, but suggested Hutson needs to be babysat, implying that’s an even stronger case for the defensively “inferior” Hughes.

Here’s a post where you say you can’t win with Hughes style of hockey as it’s not “effective”, even though it’s entertaining.

Here’s a thread where you said Team USA doesn’t need a player like Hughes.

Here’s a take where you called his play as lacking hockey sense and puck management. This one is baffling to me having seen Hughes play his entire career and these are among his strengths.

In this thread you lumped Hughes in with Karlsson and Barrie and implied he’s unable to control the game when he’s on the ice like Fox. The numbers last season suggest Hughes does exactly that.

Here’s a post where you call him terrible defensively and not comparable again to Dahlin.

Here you are again saying he’s among the worst defensively in the entire NHL.

Here’s a post where you say there’s a tiered difference between Quinn and his brothers.

This entire thread is riddled with your arguments as to why Hughes is the most overrated prospect.

Here’s a thread where you took a number of defenseman before Hughes.

You declared Brannstrom better than Hughes.

You said Chabot is better and that Hughes isn’t a number 1 D.

Here’s you saying a number of defensemen will have Norris votes before Hughes ever will.

Last edited:

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
I mean, I just said you declared a rookie Hutson to score the same as Hughes. You refute that?

Here you were adamant that Dahlin has always been better and will always be better than Hughes, and that it’s not even close.

Here’s a thread where you call Hutson a better defensive Hughes, but suggested Hutson needs to be babysat, implying that’s an even stronger case for the defensively “inferior” Hughes.

Here’s a post where you say you can’t win with Hughes style of hockey as it’s not “effective”, even though it’s entertaining.

Here’s a thread where you said Team USA doesn’t need a player like Hughes.

Here’s a take where you called his play as lacking hockey sense and puck management. This one is baffling to me having seen Hughes play his entire career and these are among his strengths.

In this thread you lumped Hughes in with Karlsson and Barrie and implied he’s unable to control the game when he’s on the ice like Fox. The numbers last season suggest Hughes does exactly that.

Here’s a post where you call him terrible defensively and not comparable again to Dahlin.

Here you are again saying he’s among the worst defensively in the entire NHL.

Here’s a post where you say there’s a tiered difference between Quinn and his brothers.

This entire thread is riddled with your arguments as to why Hughes is the most overrated prospect.

Here’s a thread where you took a number of defenseman before Hughes.

You declared Brannstrom better than Hughes.

You said Chabot is better and that Hughes isn’t a number 1 D.

Here’s you saying a number of defensemen will have Norris votes before Hughes ever will.
Bruh.

Perhaps take a break from this site if you’re gonna save every conversation you don’t like.

These are largely from years ago too…

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Bruh.

Perhaps take a break from this site if you’re gonna save every conversation you don’t like.

These are largely from years ago too…
I didn’t save these, I found these after a quick search using the advance function. This took 10 minutes. Plus he asked for me to search quite literally…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad