Which of these players do you expect to win a Stanley Cup during their career?

Which of these players do you expect to win a Stanley Cup during their career?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
A list of some of the top stars in the league without a Stanley Cup to their name at this point.
But which of these do you think will still win it at least once during the remainder of their career?

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
This is impossible to guess. Like, any of these players could take late careers yearly contracts chasing that cup and they could get lucky enough and win it. Even Matthews could win if he was 39 years old being paid 1 mil to play 4C on a contender.

Yes of course it is in the end just guessing and a lottery, but it's a bit of off-season fun and something I've thought about quite a bit myself.
And hence it is fun to see what others think.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Heiskanen. Only Dallas is good enough for the foreseeable future. Everything has to go right for Edmonton next season so I'm picking the field.

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Stamkos and the other free agent crew likely gonna help get Nashville the cup in the next couple years so yes for Josi

Matthews is "The Magnificent One" so he'll almost certainly get at least one and be on the cover of GQ with it

McDavid should probably get one but I just don't think it's going to be in Edmonton

Draisaitl hard to say even in this pure speculation exercise, we should his future plans by next season though

Don't think the Boston guys get any, amazing that the Bruins have only one one cup in their long window of contending, underachieved big time compared to Chicago/Pittsburgh/Tampa. Sorry Pasta and McAvoy, I like Pasta too

Dallas looks like they will contend for a few years, so Heiskanen has a good shot snagging one

Honestly don't think Shesterkin (and thus Panarin/Fox) will get one, I bandwagon on the Rangers each year recently, and they disappoint, and it seems like the opportunity is waning plus he's gonna sign that massive contract which will limit the Rangers elsewhere. Hope I am wrong here though, I like Igor, let's see just how much of a superstar Laf becomes

Hellebuyck sucked so bad this playoffs lol he might be on the downswing, not gonna get one playing like that most likely

Feel bad for Kaprizov and hope he gets one but it seems unlikely it's gonna be in Minnesota lol

Jack Hughes maybe, I don't watch the Devils enough to know how they trending really, brother Quinn though I don't feel it in Vancouver anytime soon

voted McDavid, Matthews, Heiskanen, Josi

Reactions: D1az

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Pastrnak getting more votes than McAvoy, Panarin getting less votes than Fox and Shesterkin, so I’m assuming people think Panarin won’t be a Ranger when they win the cup.

How about Pasta and McAvoy? Are you saying Pasta will win the cup with Boston when McAvoy won’t be there? Or Pasta will win the cup with another team?

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Stamkos and the other free agent crew likely gonna help get Nashville the cup in the next couple years so yes for Josi

Matthews is "The Magnificent One" so he'll almost certainly get at least one and be on the cover of GQ with it

McDavid should probably get one but I just don't think it's going to be in Edmonton

Draisaitl hard to say even in this pure speculation exercise, we should his future plans by next season though

Don't think the Boston guys get any, amazing that the Bruins have only one one cup in their long window of contending, underachieved big time compared to Chicago/Pittsburgh/Tampa. Sorry Pasta and McAvoy, I like Pasta too

Dallas looks like they will contend for a few years, so Heiskanen has a good shot snagging one

Honestly don't think Shesterkin (and thus Panarin/Fox) will get one, I bandwagon on the Rangers each year recently, and they disappoint, and it seems like the opportunity is waning plus he's gonna sign that massive contract which will limit the Rangers elsewhere. Hope I am wrong here though, I like Igor, let's see just how much of a superstar Laf becomes

Hellebuyck sucked so bad this playoffs lol he might be on the downswing, not gonna get one playing like that most likely

Feel bad for Kaprizov and hope he gets one but it seems unlikely it's gonna be in Minnesota lol

Jack Hughes maybe, I don't watch the Devils enough to know how they trending really, brother Quinn though I don't feel it in Vancouver anytime soon

voted McDavid, Matthews, Heiskanen, Josi
Hot takes lol

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
Pastrnak getting more votes than McAvoy, Panarin getting less votes than Fox and Shesterkin, so I’m assuming people think Panarin won’t be a Ranger when they win the cup.

How about Pasta and McAvoy? Are you saying Pasta will win the cup with Boston when McAvoy won’t be there? Or Pasta will win the cup with another team?

Given that I of course don't know at all what the future holds and it is all down to a gut feeling about these players, I admit that there is no super solid reasoning behind it all.
But regarding these players you named and which I voted for, Pastrnak and Shesterkin, I'm just somewhere in my mind thinking that they will win it elsewhere.

Reactions: the_fan

ProfessorFink22

May 28, 2020
I 'expect' none, but I voted more as a prediction.

It's a 1/32 chance to win the cup nowadays (1/34 beofre we know it), even when you're a contender its what... a 1/10 chance? 1/12 if we included teams like Nashville with Josi and Hughes' Devils. Even the most highest expectations needs to realize how hard it is to do.

The days of placing cups on one or two stars are long, long gone. THe NHL isn't the NBA, stars can't do *that* much, and I don't think it impacts legacy nearly as much as others.

Reactions: I am not exposed

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
Missing the "none of them" option.

I 'expect' none, but I voted more as a prediction.

It's a 1/32 chance to win the cup nowadays (1/34 beofre we know it), even when you're a contender its what... a 1/10 chance? 1/12 if we included teams like Nashville with Josi and Hughes' Devils. Even the most highest expectations needs to realize how hard it is to do.

The days of placing cups on one or two stars are long, long gone. THe NHL isn't the NBA, stars can't do *that* much, and I don't think it impacts legacy nearly as much as others.

I was thinking about adding "None of them" but I thought that a couple of misclicks could have messed up the data a bit and would have annoyed me.

Another thing I thought was that these players represent 10 different teams, and if a third of them play somewhere else during their careers then about half the league is covered with these options.
And if they on average have say 7 years left, then I think it is statistically quite likely that at least one of them manages to win at some point.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Heiskanen and J. Hughes will be on a good teams in the future, and their contracts are steals. I voted them. Edmonton have elite team rn and their All-time chance is next year, but it's more likely they won't win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad