Line Combos: Which Kings Lineup is Better?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which lineup is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
You have to factor in also that Kopitar, Doughty, Danault, Arvidsson are all also a year older.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Here’s something some Kings fans can’t seem to accept.

It's 100% debatable. The current team is stronger because of the tire fires on the back end traded away.

The forward crop cost a lot of depth to bring in a player whose career high is 63 points.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Sol hates the PLD trade.

2024 by a landslide
Is it hard to comprehend? The roster is better in the wrong way?

For example, I can be rich by either robbing people or having an honest business.

There’s a right way to do things. Let’s not be so dense.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
Without a Starting goalie that’s impossible to say. But I’ll take anything that does not include Edler and Durzi. Bjornfot and Spence and even Moverware should already be playing in year two.

Also I’m seeing the attitude of Vilardi which breaks my heart as I loved that kid. What a tool. Butt hurt over the move from C to RW.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I personally wouldn't count Gavrikov on the '22-'23 team. He was a UFA-to-be trade deadline rental until Blake made a sizable move to create cap space and get him signed this summer. The team was already comfortably in a playoff position before he arrived.

I still vote the '23-'24 roster if you leave him on both though. I'm excited about the depth in the top 9 and bringing more skill and promise onto our blueline between Clarke, Spence, and Bjornfot.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I vividly remember some posters here giving me the utmost assurance that Kopitar’s immense $10 million AAV would never negatively impact our cap. Hmm.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Depends on if Kopitar loses a step (no sign of that happening yet), but that new top 9 looks crazy good.

Reactions: funky

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
He's a fan as a well as a reporter. I kinda dig that.
Russell the Love Muscle Delivers!
Russell the one eyed trouser muscle or is it mussel?

That does seem like shilling but he’s new to the club so he doesn’t have enough clout to be abrasive.
Wait.. 'new to the club' .. you dont mean 'fan club' not an employee of LAK

FAK these combo posts...

• Wow
Reactions: Sol and Lt Dan

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
not so HOT TAKE
This is the year (2023-24) where Kopitar will NOT be LA's leading scorer
Fiala was the leading scorer getting less icetime than Kopitar until he got injured. Not a hot take.

Fiala is the true god king of the team.

I wonder how much of this acquisition was fueled by Kupari absolutely getting destroyed by McDraisack.
I’m sure a huge part of it from the interview from Blake. All they need is a dman willing to kill those clowns and we have a semi ballsier team.

If the Kings can get a crazy fourth liner or someone like Dillon then it’s an absolute win.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I can't accept it until I see a complete roster.

I don't care how good the forwards look if the Goaltending dpeth is Copley-Portillo-Ingham.
I think it's a safe assumption that won't be the goalie rotation come opening night, but yes, that is a big question mark that I'm certain will be addressed soon based off of Rob Blake's presser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad