Where would you rather the Montreal Canadiens finish this year?

Where would you rather finish at the end of the regular season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
and there's the problem, it just doesn't feel like there's a strategic plan going on and even if so it would be very hard to trust MB to pull it off and do it right. Not saying every move he makes is bad, but not sure how anyone can have faith in him to get it right.

Believe me, I’m not saying I’m confident in Bergevin either. Just saying that a good manager looks at now, later and much later. It sounds simple but it’s actually an advanced management concept which thus far Bergevin hasn’t been able to demonstrate his grasp of it.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Price playing poorly, Kotkaniemi going pointless, Petry looks lost as our 1D.

This is what a bottom dwelling team looks like folks. And it seems to be what most of the fanbase wants - as the poll indicates.

I'd rather see:

Price regains his form

Kotkaniemi steps up and overcomes playing with subpar linemates.

Petry managing 28 minutes well increasing his value and confidence.

Juulsen being a solid defensive player

Lehkonen pot more of his chances he generates

These things would lead to more wins, and a worse pick, but they also contribute to us being a great team.

Reactions: Sugar Domi

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

This is what a bottom dwelling team looks like folks. And it seems to be what most of the fanbase wants - as the poll indicates.

I'd rather see:

Price regains his form

These things would lead to more wins, and a worse pick, but they also contribute to us being a great team.
great ? really ?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I'd rather see:

Price regains his form

You need to stay within the realm of reality, as I said before.

Ya, would be great if Gallagher can hit 40G, Tatar hits 70pts, Domi ppg, Drouin 60pts, Petry becomes a a solid #1D filler, Juulsen and Mete become awesome Dmen, Lek and Hudon start potting in their chances, Shaw produces like he did in Chi-town, and Price gets back to Vezina form. When Weber's back, he's back to Norris nomine shape too.
But you and I both know this won't happen, so what's the point in even bringing it up.

We have a team filled with holes, few years away from contention. If we simply make the post season this year as a PO bubble team, that alone would be playing above expectations.
So let's stop hoping the tooth fairy, santa and the easter bunny exist. They don't.
This team needs another tank year.

Reactions: DAChampion

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009

I'd rather see:

Price regains his form

Not that I disagree with you, but Price regaining his form implies playoffs.

Reactions: Canadienna

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
You need to stay within the realm of reality, as I said before.

Ya, would be great if Gallagher can hit 40G, Tatar hits 70pts, Domi ppg, Drouin 60pts, Petry becomes a a solid #1D filler, Juulsen and Mete become awesome Dmen, Lek and Hudon start potting in their chances, Shaw produces like he did in Chi-town, and Price gets back to Vezina form. When Weber's back, he's back to Norris nomine shape too.
But you and I both know this won't happen, so what's the point in even bringing it up.

We have a team filled with holes, few years away from contention. If we simply make the post season this year as a PO bubble team, that alone would be playing above expectations.
So let's stop hoping the tooth fairy, santa and the easter bunny exist. They don't.
This team needs another tank year.

Read the Poll again....

It's nothing about predicting what will happen this year. It's what you would rather, which you seem to have given away with this post.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Read the Poll again....

It's nothing about predicting what will happen this year. It's what you would rather, which you seem to have given away with this post.
Well I was answering your post in which you discuss how you'd prefer x and y players to become solid.
I already aswered the poll. I was responding to the unrealistic wish of yours, which you base your decision on. Seems silly.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Read the Poll again....

reasonable expectations would be that the discussion evolves over 600+ posts.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
If Drouin can ever be consistent. If he could be replaced with someone really high end and/or dropped down to the 3rd line with Poehling and Lehkonen or Ylonen THAT would be some really solid depth. I haven't given up on Drouin but I still think he'll frustrate.

God I just want us to score like 3-4 goals a game and still lose enough to get Kakko. F*** me we'd be in the thick of it then.
Drouin is 22 and on pace for 60 points, what’s the problem? Let’s give him some time to work out the kinks in his game. If he doesn’t work them out within a couple of seasons then he probably never will. But hey, 60 points players are nothing to spit on.

Forget about Kakko, we’re not getting him, we’re too good of a team to finish that low and get that lucky. We should target the best PMD possible with our first round pick.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Drouin is 22 and on pace for 60 points, what’s the problem? Let’s give him some time to work out the kinks in his game. If he doesn’t work them out within a couple of seasons then he probably never will. But hey, 60 points players are nothing to spit on.

Forget about Kakko, we’re not getting him, we’re too good of a team to finish that low and get that lucky. We should target the best PMD possible with our first round pick.

The team isn't good and they aren't that far from the bottom. 4-5-1 in the last ten. Constantly giving up more than 3-4 goals a game. Domis PDO will come down as it isn't sustainable. 4 pts out of the second last place in the conference and the Devil's have two games in hand on us, with just one win and we are 4 pts from absolute bottom in East.

The fast start has made the team overrated. We are still very much in contention for another tank year.

It's just taking the good teams longer to separate themselves this year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The team isn't good and they aren't that far from the bottom. 4-5-1 in the last ten. Constantly giving up more than 3-4 goals a game. Domis PDO will come down as it isn't sustainable. 4 pts out of the second last place in the conference and the Devil's have two games in hand on us, with just one win and we are 4 pts from absolute bottom in East.

The fast start has made the team overrated. We are still very much in contention for another tank year.

Given how close we are to the bottom, do you see the possibility of a top 5 pick esp. after Weber, Byron and Armia return?

Reactions: sandviper

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

We are also 4 points from first place in the East. Maybe we're 4-5-1 in those ten games and giving up 3-4 goals because we've been missing Byron and Armia for most of that period. Those two are not elite players but they are valuable players who bring a defensive game. Domi's PDO may come down but his production may not.

No one predicted they would be this high in the standings. The more optimistic of us claimed they would be wild card contenders.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

I don't think people really have expectations for this team. They weren't supposed to compete this year and so far they have and have made things exciting. I think either way, fans can't be too disappointed and yes while some fans can get carried away, most of us know that this is a rebuilding year. We've had a lot of bright spots this year and in the end most of us know that the defense especially probably won't hold up long term. Our young players are developing and the team is somewhat young and exciting (forwards anyways) and with some good prospects and lots of draft picks to come. Even if we finish bottom 5, there's hope in the not to distant future.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Given how close we are to the bottom, do you see the possibility of a top 5 pick esp. after Weber, Byron and Armia return?

Yeah, I do. It's tight that it can go anywhere. But remember Weber wasn't able to help them falling to the bottom out of the gate last year.

The telling thing will be what Julien does when they go on a bad stretch. I think he's a Therrien clone and his spots might be colored in but he hasn't changed them and when the adversity hits he's gonna go back to defensive shell hockey.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
We won't. If we continue to play like we have this year, I expect we'll miss the playoffs and be in the 10-15 range in regards to our 1st round draft pick.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We won't. If we continue to play like we have this year, I expect we'll miss the playoffs and be in the 10-15 range in regards to our 1st round draft pick.

You would be betting on a team short on talent continuing to score at this pace (the defense will get a boost with Weber but we saw last year that even with Weber it's still a tire fire).. I think most signs point to the Habs continuing to lose more than they win and with the race already tight in the East, it could very well mean being in the bottom 10.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Maybe but don't forget that this team will add Shea Weber Paul Byron and Joel Armia so they can just be better ! And I don't talk about Price who will MAYBE regain is confidence

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
it's been crazy so far but I'm still in shock, I just don't know how a team that has Benn on the top pairing at times, our 2 goalies with gaa's north of 3 and still winning around half their games. That said I wondered if the fans have discounted what impact the change on goalie equipment has had on the game and what it means going forward.

Domi - 18 games, 10 g 22 pts. He's on pace for 46 g, 100 pts
Tatar - 18 games, 7 g, 15 pts. He's on pace for 32 g, 68 pts
Drouin - 18 games, 5 g, 14 pts. He's on pace for 23 g, 64 pts
Petry - 18 games, 1 g, 13 pts. He's on pace for 64 pts
Gallagher - 18 games, 9 g, 12 pts. He's on pace for 41 g, 55 pts

Then you have Kotka, Danault, Lehkonen and Shaw all on pace for 50 pts.

Those numbers are insane. If they keep up this pace they should make the playoffs if they have 9 guys getting 50 or more points. Then you add in Weber, Byron and Armia, holy shit. But can they keep up this pace? Is Domi going to be anywhere near 46g, 100 pts? Tatar close to 70 pts, Petry over 60 pts who 2 years ago hit a career high in pts with 28 then again last year with 42 so unless his game has hit another major level upwards it's seems hard to believe a guy that up until 3 years ago had a career high of 25 pts would be a 60+ pt blueliner.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
it's been crazy so far but I'm still in shock, I just don't know how a team that has Benn on the top pairing at times, our 2 goalies with gaa's north of 3 and still winning around half their games. That said I wondered if the fans have discounted what impact the change on goalie equipment has had on the game and what it means going forward.

Those numbers are insane. If they keep up this pace they should make the playoffs if they have 9 guys getting 50 or more points. Then you add in Weber, Byron and Armia, holy ****. But can they keep up this pace? Is Domi going to be anywhere near 46g, 100 pts? Tatar close to 70 pts, Petry over 60 pts who 2 years ago hit a career high in pts with 28 then again last year with 42 so unless his game has hit another major level upwards it's seems hard to believe a guy that up until 3 years ago had a career high of 25 pts would be a 60+ pt blueliner.

Same thing for other teams,

Bergeron - on pace for 40 g 78 asst 118 pts
Pasta - on pace for 70 g 40 asst 110 pts
Morgan reilley 38g 70 asst 108 pts

and the list goes on

They dont need to keep this pace for us to make the playoffs, unless this goals pace that we have right now in the league stay on for all season but i doubt it, they just need to play better defensively and for CP to find his game back

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Those numbers are insane. If they keep up this pace they should make the playoffs if they have 9 guys getting 50 or more points. Then you add in Weber, Byron and Armia, holy ****. But can they keep up this pace? Is Domi going to be anywhere near 46g, 100 pts? Tatar close to 70 pts, Petry over 60 pts who 2 years ago hit a career high in pts with 28 then again last year with 42 so unless his game has hit another major level upwards it's seems hard to believe a guy that up until 3 years ago had a career high of 25 pts would be a 60+ pt blueliner.

Sheldon Souray couldn't break 10 points but once , but when he turned 27 he turned into a goal scoring machine. Never know sometimes I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad