Where did Yzerman go wrong with the rebuild?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Edvinsson was never going to play on the team last season.
I don't mind the d-men stop gaps, just some got too long contracts to my liking.

I think there's a lot of truth to this. If the Wings really wanted Ed up earlier they could have easily made room for him just by sending someone else down to GR. We had the cap space to just swallow a cap hit like that.

I can't find the interview but Yzerman talked about how they wanted some guys to just stay in GR for the year and not get yo-yoed. Kaspar, Mazur, and Ed I'm betting were those guys. Wouldn't surprise me if Nate is that guy this year.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I still think acquiring all of Holl, Petry, Chiarot, Maatta, and Gustafsson is a bit much. 3 of those guys, fine. All of them is truly just an unnecessary logjam of shit and a lot of wasted dollars. Especially Holl, who's always been trash and will always be trash.

I'm a fan of the Seider and Raymond contracts. I still think Benson was the right choice over Danielson but otherwise 1st round drafting has been great for where we've had chances to pick.

Copp is a bad contract but thats the only real bad contract on forward. D is where he's really wasted dollars.

Overall it's going okay. Are we allowed to have nuanced opinions here or is it just "you love Yzerman or you hate him? "

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad