When will this team become a contender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’m still optimistic because I have a ton of faith in Staois, Poulin, Martin and Alfie. This group understands the fundamentals of defensive hockey, they aren’t going to be fooled and they know what they need to win in the NHL.

Poulin has a Selke trophy, Staois was 1000 games of Chris Phillips / Marc Mehtot type hockey, Alfie is one of the best forecheckers of all time and was in the conversation for best 200 foot player for years and we know Jacques Martin has a gold medal for coaching team Canada and being Responsable for implementing the team structure Pat Quinn coached.

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Lol what I said 10 years ago holds true today... except for the not spending money part. Lol

We still flat out suck and people are too optimistic to think we might be good soon.

Reactions: lancepitlick

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
With the right coach at the beginning of this season they would have been in the playoffs. They have all the talent to be a playoff team. Their problem is between their ears. They need to learn to play the game properly and they will be in the playoffs next years.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
With the right coach at the beginning of this season they would have been in the playoffs. They have all the talent to be a playoff team. Their problem is between their ears. They need to learn to play the game properly and they will be in the playoffs next years.
I’ve already been fooled at least twice, I guess I’ll be happy if it happens, but I’m skeptical!

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I’ve already been fooled at least twice, I guess I’ll be happy if it happens, but I’m skeptical!
I honestly believe Pinto will make a big difference. He was a big part of our PP last year and his ability to play center makes this team a lot stronger. The suspension was too harsh. Couple the suspension with the fact we have Betway sponsorship on our helmets and I begin to wonder what the hell the NHL is thinking. I also think losing a first round draft pick was bologna. It's us against the world. That's the mentality I'd be carrying into the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad