When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Are u trying to say all the good players were drafted in the top ten? Do I really need to formulate a list. The guy leading the league in scoring right now was drafted where?
Was he drafted after 2019? Cause that is the question when it comes to Yzerman right, not who was drafted 5-10 years from Detroit or any other team before he got there.

So obviously one would have to look at who other teams drafted of lower picks playing any major role or role at all from 2019 and beyond to have equal comparison.

Or when looking at older guys, one have to see at what time they started to perform in the NHL team. In Mark Stone's case in year 6 after being drafted and he is also more the abnormality than norm to keep it in mind. Same with Zetterberg and Datsyuk back in the day.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yup. Had an outlier 90 point season almost 2 yrs ago and has played 40 more NHL career games. Raymond is better defensively. Their numbers overall (aside from the outlier season) have been pretty equal. Even this season they are pacing the same, except Raymond has a better +/-.

Sure, you could make that argument.
Sure if you ignore Stutzle injured his wrist in game 4, last year and had it taped all year after that. Then a month later injured shoulder/neck area and wore 2 big athletic bands around his neck area for 3-4 months. He couldn’t shoot the puck last year, that’s why had a career year in assists.
But the other season was an outlier lol.

Raymond is behind Sanderson and Stutzle currently and it’s not up for debate.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Stutzle and Sanderson are ranked 1,2 in 2020. Can make an argument for either as #1.
@nbwingsfan , since you gave it a laughing emoji, who you got as your top 2 or 3.

Interesting. I see Sanderson two or three notches below Simon Edvinsson. I guess I'll have to watch more OTT games to see if there is any hype from the eye test. His stats are unaspiring.
2 or 3 notches below, well that’s gold lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
We are literally having a debate right now. You are engaged, I am engaged and another poster is engaged. That is "debate" and, like I said, "arguably" with our respective opinions. I am open for discussion, but I think you are being disingenuous.

I like Stutzle, but I am not sure I'd trade Raymond for him, especially if he is injury prone like you just suggest - I know you wouldn't trade him for Raymond either. You can keep Sanderson.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
This thread at this point is just a time loop of the same topics that rotate. Should lock this shit down already.

Or have a status update. Currently at the all Sens guys are better than yours. If you are just joining you just missed the should've tanked longer rerun.

Reactions: saska sault

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
@nbwingsfan , since you gave it a laughing emoji, who you got as your top 2 or 3.

2 or 3 notches below, well that’s gold lol.

You're right. I should have just said I see him a 'few' notches below Edvinsson. I didn't need to get specific. Maybe there is more to his game than goals and points and +/-. I think you are overrating this player. But I am open to reviewing his play more closely.

• Haha
Reactions: BondraTime

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
This thread at this point is just a time loop of the same topics that rotate. Should lock this shit down already.

Or have a status update. Currently at the all Sens guys are better than yours. If you are just joining you just missed the should've tanked longer rerun.

Up next, “is the Sens ____ the best in the league?” followed by “THIS is the year the Sens/Sabres make the playoffs, AINEC”

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
We are literally having a debate right now. You are engaged, I am engaged and another poster is engaged. That is "debate" and, like I said, "arguably" with our respective opinions. I am open for discussion, but I think you are being disingenuous.

I like Stutzle, but I am not sure I'd trade Raymond for him, especially if he is injury prone like you just suggest - I know you wouldn't trade him for Raymond either. You can keep Sanderson.
But...you're ....just rambling poo poo. How is that a debate? Water. Greeeen demon! The watch is yours and I shall eat........COOKIES! Debate....bah.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
But...you're ....just rambling poo poo. How is that a debate? Water. Greeeen demon! The watch is yours and I shall eat........COOKIES! Debate....bah.

Sounds like you have nothing to add to the discussion while still feeling the need to inject yourself. People beg for attention in many different ways. The fact you cannot counter the argument adds more credence to mine.

Join in if you have something of substance to add.

• Haha
Reactions: Loach

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019

Tim has around 70 points more than Raymond in around 50 games more, while having the much better peak season. You might prefer Raymond for the reason you mentioned, but Stutzle is just objectively the better player.

Reactions: luiginb

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Sure if you ignore Stutzle injured his wrist in game 4, last year and had it taped all year after that. Then a month later injured shoulder/neck area and wore 2 big athletic bands around his neck area for 3-4 months. He couldn’t shoot the puck last year, that’s why had a career year in assists.
But the other season was an outlier lol.

Is being fragile good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad