When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Elite D. Seider and Edvinsson are good. ASP is in the SHL. Interesting prospect for sure, but we need to see him here.
So no elite players but lots of good younger ones. Is there an Eichel, Yzerman can trade for? Is the a coming UFA, like how Vegas got Pietrangelo? Imo that’s why Yzerman needs to do. And maybe that’s his plan on how to get the elite guys he knows he needs.
Once again I’m not sure you know what an elite player is.

Seider is an elite defenseman. He was just signed to an 8.5M deal that was considered very fair value. If an (adequately paid) 8.5M dman is not elite, can you please define what is?

I also love the example of Eichel that’s brought up over and over as if he’s ever been more than a PPG player at best.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I think Larkin is great. But he’s not in the elite group that Eichel is in. Larkin is more on the Horvat level. He’s good but certainly not elite.
Again, imo Yzerman will use some of his young talent to get guys he hopes will be the elite guys he’s missing. I don’t know who he will target though. Maybe Marner for a start?
I think you have no idea who Larkin is :laugh:

Horvat has averaged 67pts over the last 3 seasons (pace)

Larkin has averaged 81 over the the last 3 seasons (pace)

Eichel has paced for 79 over the last 3 seasons (pace)

Who’s the outlier here ?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
This thread is confusing. Nobody can describe what 'elite' is...

If Crosby, McDavid and Ovechkin are elite, then not many cup winners have 'elite' players. If Eichel is elite, then most playoff (and bubble) teams have elite talent. Lucas Raymond and Dylan Larkin are elite based on those standards.

Seider, according to NHL.com, is a top 20 defenseman in the NHL right now... and he's the youngest. Seider is now being put in a more offensive role, his rank will go up. He already has 5 points in 8 games; tied with Roman Josi and one less point than Quinn Hughes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad