When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Funnily enough Holland was actually pretty good at that. Hronek was a great one that's easy to point to, so is Bertuzzi. Around the league an easy guy to point to is Kyrou or even someone like Foegele, plus a handful of defensive defenseman like McNabb.
Hronek dominated U20s, very easy to see he was going to be good. Not normal, sorry, try again.

ShakenNotStirred

Feb 1, 2015
NW PA
You have a good 3rd liner, a decent defenseman, and some replacement level guys.
A lot of those "replacement" level guys have some fancy rings, which is more than I can say about most "replacement" level guys. I'd say team construction is not one of SY's weak points.

The red wings have had incremental progress EVERY year since they hit bottom. I'm sure SY is very sorry and sends his deepest thoughts and prayers for not satisfying people's insane lack of patience or meeting unrealistic expectations.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Detroit is once again getting badly outshot early in a game and looks completely unprepared or interested to play - literally the same as their abysmal stretch in March last season that cost them a playoff spot.

Why Yzerman, who was the ultimate competitor and red-ass during his career, is allowing Derek Lalonde to continue behind the bench is absolutely fascinating.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad