When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He was one of, if not the most dangerous and consistent 200 foot Red Wing all throughout preseason no matter who was on his line. Casualty of too many vets

I'm sure a Red Wing forward will go down with injury, and he is almost assuredly the first to get the call up. Alternatively, if the Wings are still sinking after some time, he's probably going to last 30ish games in the AHL and force someone to get waived. Already after two games he's looking far too dangerous for AHL play. Can't wait to see what he does when he's let loose in the NHL

Thanks. I thought he looked like the guy from his draft year in what I saw in exhibition play and was surprised to find him back in Grand Rapids despite how well he played. I was wondering if I'd missed some bad stretch or something. Appreciate the info.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You’ve stated they should be in the post season right now…

Yet now you’re saying they should have also been tanking for lower picks.

Can’t have both big dog.
I'm saying conventional wisdom is that it's better to either be contending or "tanking" to get future superstars. As is, the Wings finished 9th without significant injury issues and without a youth infusion on the roster. Without "tanking", it makes it tougher to acquire future superstar talent which usually goes high in the draft. Are you stating that 3-year run of signing a bunch of Vets to Mid-out at a time when the bulk of prospects are still in the Minors/Europe/NCAA/Juniors is an ideal stage of a rebuild?

Average age of the Wings Top-16 most utilized Skaters

2021-22: 24.375, Finished 25/32
2022-23: 26.0625, Finished 24/32
2023-24: 28.1875, Finished 18/32

You want to praise the rise in the standings while also noting that the "core" pieces are still developing and so they can't be judged yet. Can't have it both ways big dog.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You have been given numerous realistic prospect projections and Red Wing organization philosophies by numerous posters familiar with the team.

You're just being obtuse.

If SFY does pull this off I am actually concerned about your well being, you seem a little obsessed with him.
And here we go again with the personal attacks because having an objective, main board level conversation on this topic is too emotionally charged. The rah rah stuff can be saved for the team board.

What is the realistic timeline for "contention"? Not sneaking into the Playoffs but being one of the legit 5-6 teams considered to have a solid shot at the Cup.... When Dylan Larkin is 33?

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
And here we go again with the personal attacks because having an objective, main board level conversation on this topic is too emotionally charged. The rah rah stuff can be saved for the team board.

What is the realistic timeline for "contention"? Not sneaking into the Playoffs but being one of the legit 5-6 teams considered to have a solid shot at the Cup.... When Dylan Larkin is 33?

33-35 , best case scenario. Lock the thread.

Wasteoftime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad