When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Are you embarrassed by having a multi-time 40 goal scorer who is still in his prime and younger than Larkin listed as part of the core?

I'm a Hawks fan and would take AD back in a second. He has limitations, but IMO he can be a positive on a contending team.
I'm saying he's not viewed as a core piece. There's nothing wrong with him but the plan isn't to build around Debrincat as our main forward piece.

Fair enough on Raymond being a gamebreaker, he's an excellent player. I also said you need a MacKinnon, Barkov or even an Eichel, and you won't convince anybody that you have one of those guys in your system which is more of what I was getting at.
Larkin has outscored Eichel the last two seasons. I always find it a bit strange that Eichel gets put in the Mackinnon tier while Larkin is viewed tier(s?) below. Either way Detroit's obviously not gotten the fortune of lottery wins so they are building in a different way. It's fine to be skeptical about the potential, but not sure why it almost seems to trigger people that Detroit fans have some mild optimism still.

No matter how you build it from that roster it’s extremely average

Lacks the high end F talent
They were top 10 in scoring last season without high end F talent. Imagine if just one prospect hits a little higher than you think? Just one.

Reactions: TKB

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm saying he's not viewed as a core piece. There's nothing wrong with him but the plan isn't to build around Debrincat as our main forward piece.

Larkin has outscored Eichel the last two seasons. I always find it a bit strange that Eichel gets put in the Mackinnon tier while Larkin is viewed tier(s?) below. Either way Detroit's obviously not gotten the fortune of lottery wins so they are building in a different way. It's fine to be skeptical about the potential, but not sure why it almost seems to trigger people that Detroit fans have some mild optimism still.

They were top 10 in scoring last season without high end F talent. Imagine if just one prospect hits a little higher than you think? Just one.

They were shooting at a level they can’t sustain

& I was talking about core

Like with Florida, Barkov, Tkachuk, Reinhart, Toronto Matthews, Marner, Nylander, etc

Detroit doesn’t have a single superstar forward& you need those to win a Cup

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
They were shooting at a level they can’t sustain

& I was talking about core

Like with Florida, Barkov, Tkachuk, Reinhart, Toronto Matthews, Marner, Nylander, etc

Detroit doesn’t have a single superstar forward& you need those to win a Cup

You don't need a top 3 F core in the league to win a cup. Look at Vegas cup, not one F was a PPG and not one 30 goal scorer.

Wings are not competing to have a top 3 forward group in the world. And if you look TML, it proves there's no guarantee if you have a top forward core.

In the past 5 years there are two hockey teams that won the cup without an elite F (PPG) group; Blues, VGN. One 30+ goal scorer, Tarasenko now on the Wings.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You don't need a top 3 F core in the league to win a cup. Look at Vegas cup, not one F was a PPG and not one 30 goal scorer.

Wings are not competing to have a top 3 forward group in the world. And if you look TML, it proves there's no guarantee if you have a top forward core.

In the past 5 years there are two hockey teams that won the cup without an elite F (PPG) group; Blues, VGN. One 30+ goal scorer, Tarasenko now on the Wings.
Wings are not built anything like Vegas.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Looking at the D

View attachment 916165

I see 2 guys for any future success.

I look at the draft

View attachment 916166

I only see 2 guys. Edvennsson is making inroads now. ASP is projected to be a Top 4 D but he's still in Europe as of now. His NHL impact is at least 2 seasons away.

Who else is stepping in on D?
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not just dog piling like the rest of these bitter, out of touch mouth breathers...but for sure, (as in Quote Me On This and feel free to save it and drag me in a couple of years) Kasper will be a top 6 center. Danielson at least a middle 6 center. MBN will be a top 6 wing. Mazur a bottom 6 sandpaper/ glue guy. That's 4 forwards for sure. At this point, Buchelnikov is tracking to have a shot at the show, Plante is promising based on his resume to date, and Lombardi is tracking well too. Those are the only other forwards worth really mentioning. As for D...You already listed ASP. Wallinder has been looking great from January thru now and I feel good about him being a #4 or #5 with his size and skating. Anton Johansson is doing very well in Sweden, making great strides every year since he was drafted. And Buium is still very promising in his own right, but needs to prove he can make the jump to pro hockey. Finally, your list didnt include Albert Johansson, he just made his debut in the league and did just fine for his first game. He could be a steadying partner for either Seider or Ed down the line. The wings pipeline is universally considered stacked for a reason. They just dont have a Bedard, Fantilli, Celebrini, etc.

Reactions: Czechboy and TKB

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

Jack Eichel is an elite forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad