When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
when do 'reasonable' wings fans expect to make the playoffs?
The division is definitely strong but I expect them to be in the race right until the end of the season this year and hopefully make it. Before the start of season last year the tie break rules changed, if that didnt happen they literally would've made it last year already.

Some people after one game this year are talking like they werent even competitive last year, which is false. They still have 2 top 10 picks on the way to help them, and 2 top 15ish picks that have been trending well on the way. This will be Edvinsson first full season.

If theyre competitive this year and miss it wouldnt surprise me, but if they miss next year something needs to change drastically
Edvinnson with a point and near 20 minutes has to be damn encouraging the Wing's fans!

Hes going to be a horse once he gets fully adjusted to the NHL. I dont think he'll be better than Seider, but it wouldnt surprise me if he gets close to him impact wise when all is said and done. His skating, size, hands combo is rare

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Exactly, the mouths were running after game 1 so it's completely fair to give it back a little today.
Not going to argue with that. It was a painful watch as a Preds fan - you definitely didn't see the best of that team but at the end of the day whether you grind out a win or you sail through it all just gets you the same 2 points. I think Talbot will be a liability down the line but he got the shutout today so enjoy it...

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Don’t exactly know how Yzerman will draft (or get) the elite talent the Wings need to be a good club when picking 7-15. Maybe his team just sits in that middle?
Dude you said EDM needed to “trade away a large portion” or Eberle/hall/RNH to get McDavid and Draisaitl … just admit you were wrong? lol.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
A lot of people who posted after Game 1 who haven't been seen after Game 2. Will they return if Wings lose Game 3? Yes, yes they will. Will they ghost if Wings win Game 4? Indeed, they will.

Who else has proven good enough to be in the RW core at this point? I like the pipeline that SY has built, but that's only potential until proven otherwise.

I ask because few rookies come in and immediately contribute.
That doesn't mean you can just insert Debrincat as a core player they are building around.

I don't know where they're going to get their gamebreakers from.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Wings fans definitely out on the Yzerplan. Second home game in a row with the worst attendance of the day. Below Buffalo is a tough look for an original 6 franchise. Glad fans are letting their feelings known with their wallets tho.

Reactions: Nevins

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
A lot of people who posted after Game 1 who haven't been seen after Game 2. Will they return if Wings lose Game 3? Yes, yes they will. Will they ghost if Wings win Game 4? Indeed, they will.

Fair enough on Raymond being a gamebreaker, he's an excellent player. I also said you need a MacKinnon, Barkov or even an Eichel, and you won't convince anybody that you have one of those guys in your system which is more of what I was getting at.

Game 1 got the thread bumped but many have felt this way about the Wings' direction for a long time. I like a lot of their prospects, like MBN who I think will be a good one, but I just don't know if they're building a roster that will have anything that stands out from mid-tier teams when all is said and done. But I also don't know this team as much as actual Redwings fans so I'll take your word for it if you think otherwise. I say this as someone who likes a lot of their prospects too.

Reactions: Czechboy

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The dream scenario for this division would be a Detroit-Toronto, Montreal-Boston playoff matchup...Maybe it never happens, but that would be something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad