When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
when do 'reasonable' wings fans expect to make the playoffs?
The division is definitely strong but I expect them to be in the race right until the end of the season this year and hopefully make it. Before the start of season last year the tie break rules changed, if that didnt happen they literally would've made it last year already.

Some people after one game this year are talking like they werent even competitive last year, which is false. They still have 2 top 10 picks on the way to help them, and 2 top 15ish picks that have been trending well on the way. This will be Edvinsson first full season.

If theyre competitive this year and miss it wouldnt surprise me, but if they miss next year something needs to change drastically
Edvinnson with a point and near 20 minutes has to be damn encouraging the Wing's fans!

Hes going to be a horse once he gets fully adjusted to the NHL. I dont think he'll be better than Seider, but it wouldnt surprise me if he gets close to him impact wise when all is said and done. His skating, size, hands combo is rare

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Exactly, the mouths were running after game 1 so it's completely fair to give it back a little today.
Not going to argue with that. It was a painful watch as a Preds fan - you definitely didn't see the best of that team but at the end of the day whether you grind out a win or you sail through it all just gets you the same 2 points. I think Talbot will be a liability down the line but he got the shutout today so enjoy it...

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Don’t exactly know how Yzerman will draft (or get) the elite talent the Wings need to be a good club when picking 7-15. Maybe his team just sits in that middle?
Dude you said EDM needed to “trade away a large portion” or Eberle/hall/RNH to get McDavid and Draisaitl … just admit you were wrong? lol.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad