When attending a game, do you participate to the sing alongs or other stuff meant to entertain the crowd?

Do you participate to singalongs or other stuff

• Hard no

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Depends on the song

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Depends on my mood

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Depends on who I'm with

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Always

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I drink $120 worth of Coors Light and yell “shoot the puck!” when my team is on the powerplay till I’m hoarse

Stive Morgan

A Symphony of Horror
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I usually go to games as a neutral fan due to location so yes, I usually participate in the crowd festivities.

My all-time favourite moment though is when I forgot I was wearing the away team's jersey and Marty the Marmot rejected my high-five.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I usually go to games as a neutral fan due to location so yes, I usually participate in the crowd festivities.

My all-time favourite moment though is when I forgot I was wearing the away team's jersey and Marty the Marmot rejected my high-five.

Marty the marmot can go f*** himself you deserved that high-five :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: banks

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Sometimes. I'm not falling for the "everybody clap your hands" song, though. You're not the boss of me, loudspeaker.

Also, I wish Sweet Caroline got cancelled already.

Reactions: Brodeur

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I'm there to be entertained. I'm going to participate in the entertainment. The plan is to have fun, and the gimmicks can sometimes be fun. I'll chant, I'll sing along, I'll watch and laugh at the look-alike cam, I'll cheer whatever goalie they tell me to in the goalie race.

But I still voted that it depends on mood, because reasons.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Depends on the game/atmosphere. One of my best experiences was going to a Michigan college game and I (poorly) tried to keep up with the coordinated dance and chants.

But for a pro game, maybe I'm just cynical and can do without the "make noise" prompts. Years ago I brought some friends for their first NHL game and instead of taking anything away from the actual game, all they talked about were the t-shirt cannons and intermission games.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Yes, I'm there to have a good time and be entertained, as are the thousands in attendance with me. Participating and having a good time just contributes to that atmosphere, especially for the kids (won't somebody think of the children?).

When you stop taking everything, including yourself, so serious and just enjoy things, life gets way better.

Reactions: banks

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Love when we do this:

I've also been to plenty of arena's that sounded like a library. Absolute vibe-killer.

I remember Toronto's barn was like that a while ago. Only people who could afford seats were ultra-rich people who couldn't name anyone on the roster and spent half the game on their phones.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad