What's wrong with Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Started off the season on a roll with unsustainable metrics.

Cooled down.

Got injured.

Returned from injury, production normalized. Leafs fans pretended that he was playing crippled.

Got injured again by his own teammate.
spot-on analysis of what didn't happen. no surprise coming from you though

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The start of his injury prone career Or the Leafs are holding his points down so they can sign him for a lower cap long term contract in the offseason. Definitely one or the other.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Also. He worked out for 20 min today and they kept checking his wrist after each shot. Soooooo I’m thinking it’s an arm injury

cc

Feb 28, 2002
The way he got hit, it looked like a possible concussion.

He looked hunched over. I didn't see him clutch his arm or wrist after the hit

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The way he got hit, it looked like a possible concussion.

He looked hunched over. I didn't see him clutch his arm or wrist after the hit

Watch again in slow motion. I originally agreed but seeing it again he gets hit in the right arm first. He got his arm checked on the bench. He is not following concussion protocol and they are checking his wrist at practice.

Reactions: Kelly

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Watch again in slow motion. I originally agreed but seeing it again he gets hit in the right arm first. He got his arm checked on the bench. He is not following concussion protocol and they are checking his wrist at practice.

fair enough. I didn't see what happened on the bench afterward.
it would be nice if there was at least a sighting of his arm or wrist in wraps or something like that. It's hard to believe that they're able to keep such a tight lid on this high profile injury.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Started off the season on a roll with unsustainable metrics.

Cooled down.

Got injured.

Returned from injury, production normalized. Leafs fans pretended that he was playing crippled.

Got injured again by his own teammate.

Why bother posting this? This take is so obviously so uninformed.

Reactions: ThewThew

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think there is some irony there going over your head. A little self reflection and you may figure it out.

My favorite was he posted a guy eating a chocolate Ice cream popsicle and said it tastes like salt...... just a bad day for the guy

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
If its a back injury or a concussion that's causing him to miss games that's just really unfair not only for Mathews but for the fans . I grow up being a fan of Mario Lemieux and know how serious back problems affected his game .
I'm also Crosby fan and seeing how concussions caused him to miss games was disappointing .

I'm a Habs fan but being able to see the best players play at their best without being limited because of ongoing injury is what I want to see regardless of what team they play for .

Lets hope Mathews injury isn't serious one and he's back soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cotton and Petrus

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I've been saying it half the season, a few games before he first went out he took an awkward hit in a corner and skated as slow as humanly possible to the bench. Looked like how someone would act with a lower back injury/soreness. My guess is something around that

Came back too early and re-tweaked im assuming. Never really looked the same after that even if he put up some points before his dry streak. Skating slower, shorter shifts where he looked beat after.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Love most of the people in this thread doing their best to be hilarious(not)lol

Truth is we really don't know. Apparently he's travelling with the team now so hopefully he's close to returning or not being rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad