What's one thing that would make you completely quit your team and never come back?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
If we employed an old boys club of ex nhler puppets all controlled by strings of pat brisson and making trades like giving up multiple good assets for a former top pick with major attitude concerns, then immediately sign him to an 8x8 just to trade him for a washed, anchor contract of a goalie after not possessing the foresight to see what everyone else saw at the time.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I was forced to quit on the Nordiques after they moved to Colorado and I got to see the fans there (lucky sobs) enjoy a Cup right away, after us fans up here had to go through several years of pain for nothing. :(

Then I quit on the Mighty Ducks after their Cup run in 2003 because Kariya left the team and he was my childhood idol.

Present time, though, I don't think I would ever quit on the Habs. Even if the Nordiques came back, I think I'd be a fan of both teams. I have invested over 20 years into the Canadiens, and a lot of those years were awful. I'm sticking it out now.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

catnip

Jan 5, 2015
Never is a long time but, shorter term, lots of things. I can't wrap my brain around supporting something just because they exist.

Reactions: Nicko999

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Nothing really although I have had periods where I simply do not care.

That happens when the team is led by extremely incompetent people.

It actually happened between 2018 and 2021 for me. After a series of BS moves culminating with Markov not being resigned I swore I would never watch another Habs game as long as Bergevin is GM of the team.
When Hughes and team were hired I decided to gave the team a chance. Things seems to be trending in the right direction so let's see.

Reactions: NVious

Varcus

Dec 3, 2015
The only thing that came close was being young and starting a family I did not watch games for 5 years and than was an extreme casual for another 5 or 6 years. Where I would read forums and sports sites but didn’t have time to invest in watching games.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I've survived through some dark times as a canucks fan, and everytime I ended up like this :

1000026460.gif

So realistically, if I could survive through the lean years, lost finals, messier era, Jim Benning pushing me to the brink of calling it quits, well I guess nothing short of death will probably do it😂

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
One of my first memories of my team was trading Gretzky. I survived the decade of darkness, "tier 2 fans", two game 7 losses in the Cup final, decades worth of terrible management and brutal decision making, and I'm still here.

I don’t know how you do it. 1OA after 1OA. Having the best player in hockey and the 2nd best ever to the 1st also from your team. Arguably also having the 2nd best player in hockey on the same team. Stay strong my friend. Stay strong

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI
My dad saw the 4 straight cups and was in the building for the first and last. I was born in 84 when they lost to the oilers and they haven't been back since and my dad joked with me that i was the curse of the isles and yet i am still a fan, so unless they moved probably nothing.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
If my team was caught covering up sexual assault allegations.

But then they probably get the #1 pick as a prize so who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad