What wrong with "Mitch'in" Marner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Another series where Marner is a no show.

Matthews was good when he could play. Nylander was great. Knows was great. They have players to go forewarn with.

But Marner and Tavares have to go. Problem is, I don’t know how they can be moved. BMCs and I don’t think they want to go anywhere else. Maybe Tavares agrees but I don’t see it for Marner.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
He didn't impress me tonight ... I don't watch him enough to understand his game. He seems like he is observing too much and not committed enough to making plays when they are available.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Just cannot come back with him next year. Need to move marker and Tavares for some jam.

algernon

Mar 19, 2006
Calgary
Marner is just god just awful. Nylander is worth his weight in gold however. It doesn’t and won’t get more clear after todays game. Marner has got to go.
Marner for Huberdeau makes sense from a Leafs perspective considering his and Brad's relationship. Maybe add Halak and a second to even things out a little.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Just cannot come back with him next year. Need to move marker and Tavares for some jam.

The market for Tavares is zero. He hit the wall.

Marner is going to get a lousy team to pay him a lot and put up good numbers for years.

But Toronto has to move on. I hate that I am rooting for the same fanbase that takes over our arena these days but there is something about them that I like.

Marner is just not it. He reminds me of all of the Sabres' forwards we had from 08-11 where we would be competitive with them but they would just become non-factors in the playoffs. Pominville, Vanek, Stafford, etc. He's of that ilk. He just happened to have a lot more opportunities.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Marner needs to request a trade out of there. The relationship has run its course.

When a city starts cursing not only your name but your dads name you know it’s over. When Marner does interviews and he has to talk about keeping “scrambles” out of his brain from the big meannies in Toronto’s market, you know it’s over. Everytime Marner gets interviewed he has this adversarial relation with the fans. You can’t do your job with that kind of mindset about the fans you play in front of.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Make the playoffs, and see how he does, easy to talk shit under hypothetical pretenses

How can you not understand that Slaf being a bit of a mystery box is part of the equation of the poll?

Take the regular season superstar that underachieves big time during the playoffs or take the 6'3 1st overall pick powerforward that hasn't played in the playoffs yet, but has all the attributes to be a good playoff performer.

The poll is really not hard to understand.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Marner for Huberdeau makes sense from a Leafs perspective considering his and Brad's relationship. Maybe add Halak and a second to even things out a little.
Yeah but why would Marner want to go to Calgary? The team sucks and he would just be the scapegoat there too without the marketing benefits of being a Leaf and also being close to his home.

There is no way Marner waives his NMC to go to Calgary

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's had 50 points in 57 playoff games. 14 in 11 last year. He's good, but a finesse player, who is not going to be putting a beating on Charlie Coyle in the corners. Horses for courses.

Marner, Matthews, ... all of them are just fine. The problem is that idiot Dubas overpaid them early on before they had actually won anything, which put their salary structure out of whack, which in turn limited their cap space and ability to get some more top quality players.

If you look at almost all the recent multiple Cup winners like LAK, CHI, PIT, BOS, they all paid their guys AFTER multiple Cup wins, not before.

There is not really a fix besides letting Tavares's contract run out, and perhaps trading Marner, though one year of him won't be worth much unless leaf's take back a lot of salary. I fully expect them to make a panicky, stupid move this summer that will doom then for years going forward, like Marner for EK.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Marner needs to request a trade out of there. The relationship has run its course.

When a city starts cursing not only your name but your dads name you know it’s over. When Marner does interviews and he has to talk about keeping “scrambles” out of his brain from the big meannies in Toronto’s market, you know it’s over. Everytime Marner gets interviewed he has this adversarial relation with the fans. You can’t do your job with that kind of mindset about the fans you play in front of.
All he needs to do is say is where he'll waive his NMC and he won't need to make a request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad