Value of: What Would Your Team Offer Matthews Contract Wise?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Rob Blake
It seems like the consensus is 7 x $12-14M, but only about 5 teams will have the space to pull that off and it’s unlikely that most of those will be a preferred destination of his.
Except LA.

Blake is crazy. He'd make a huge offer.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
I dunno. $9m maybe?

Everyone can see his lack of urgency and heart in the post season. He's just not that heart and soul warrior type.

I'm not paying more than $9m to a guy who gently glides into corners for puck battles in the postseason. I don't care if he scores 70 in the regular season.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
This is actually hilarious. Thank you for reminding me why I visit this cess pool from time to time.

Haters here will say 3 mil Max. In real life, most teams would offer him 15+ mil if it meant 7 years.
How is it hilarious. The poster you quoted is an Oilers fan. Matthews would be the 3rd line center behind McD and Drai unless he was moved to the wing.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Of i was GM I would not be pursuing Matthews to play for my team. It would mostly be based on team culture, focus and will to be the player you need to be to win.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Good ol' get paid in the SoCal, $11M/1 year. Not longer.
BTW, I'm out of discussion as Dekes will come in and tell all of us leafs actually won the cup if you use specific metric for a VERY specific time period. He'll also come in and say Matthews deserves most money in the league for same purposes. No one will agree, even Leaf fans.

Last edited:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Of i was GM I would not be pursuing Matthews to play for my team. It would mostly be based on team culture, focus and will to be the player you need to be to win.
Most likely this. Obviously, while I want nothing to do with Matthews as an overpaid and underachieving 1C (a role which is in any event already filled on my team by a superior player), there exists some price point at which it would make sense to have him as the Lightning’s 2C. But even at a greatly reduced price I would still pass on him unless he convinced me that he was willing to buy in to the Lightning way and that he was willing to do whatever it takes to win a championship. And I just don’t see that happening with him.

Reactions: Wry n Ginger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad