What would a 40 team NHL look like

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
It would look like water down sh*t, that's what it would look like. There are already several teams with borderline AHL lineups as it is, half their rosters don't belong in the NHL. All these expansions are great for the owners' pockets, but terrible for the fans.

Reactions: JMCx4

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Even the amount right now is too many. They have lessened divisional matches because of the teams being too many. At this point however I’d rather cut the amount of games between the west vs east because quite frankly I don’t give a f*** about the islanders, devils panthers, and hurricanes. Especially if it comes at the cost of playing the oilers and other more important divisional rivals less. I don’t know why the NHL thinks it’s important for people to see the Kings play the Islanders and random teams like that that are irrelevant to most fans. Give me my divisional rivals back.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If Milwaukee ever gets a team thats where they will play.
Only if the Bucks owners change their minds. They don't want a hockey team in the arena.

They let the Badgers play 2 games for their holiday tourney every year. I have been to three of those. They let the Blackhawks play the Wild in the preseason last year. Both are division rivals of Nashville, so I don't go.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Only if the Bucks owners change their minds. They don't want a hockey team in the arena.

They let the Badgers play 2 games for their holiday tourney every year. I have been to three of those. They let the Blackhawks play the Wild in the preseason last year. Both are division rivals of Nashville, so I don't go.
Strange, considering they built it with hockey dimension in mind.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Strange, considering they built it with hockey dimension in mind.
The arena can host ice shows, like Olympic skaters. They showed that in posters before the arena was built.

In 2016, the three Bucks owners refused to speak to the Milwaukee Admirals owner. He signed a 10 year lease at the UWM Panther arena, formerly MECCA, because the Bradley Center, where both teams played next door, would be demolished after one more year.

You can see Fiserv out of the north windows of the UWM Arena. It is a block away, about 600 feet.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Everyone's always whining about the diluted talent level, but anyone who has been involved in hockey development seriously will tell you the talent pool is deeper and of a higher quality than ever before. So many countries with serious development programs now, so much more knowledge.

The skill level, even of middle Sixers in secondary leagues like the AHL, KHL, SHL, etc... is really high.

Guys like Doug Houda, who played a dozen year in a 21-team league, wouldn't even get a sniff at the NHL level today.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
A 40 team league should have relegation to a second tier. Make it 2 20 team leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad