What will Tim Murray's first player move be?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Now you see why I like to foreclose smart-ass answers in my OP ;)

Sticking with your choices, I think the first move will be a trade. I think he'll trade on of the UFA Three upon the lifting of the roster freeze after Sochi. Ultimately, I think Miller gets traded, Ott gets re-signed, and Moulson is the wild card.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Now you see why I like to foreclose smart-ass answers in my OP ;)

Sticking with your choices, I think the first move will be a trade. I think he'll trade on of the UFA Three upon the lifting of the roster freeze after Sochi. Ultimately, I think Miller gets traded, Ott gets re-signed, and Moulson is the wild card.

agreed

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I think one of "The Three" will be re-signed. My money is on Ott.

I think the declaration of spending to the cap and being 2-3 years away from that will send Miller running. I imagine that he would be very hard to re-sign.

Moulson, who knows what happens there? The most logical guess is that he'll be an attractive rental player to a team looking to win it all. I wouldn't be against making him an offer to stay.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
could Henrik Tallinder fetch more at the deadline then anyone expects? I mean if Murray, Kubina, Gill and a few others got 2nd round picks + you have to wonder what Tallinder would return, he has the resume and could be a good pick up for a team with cup aspirations who wants to add an insurance policy back there.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
could Henrik Tallinder fetch more at the deadline then anyone expects? I mean if Murray, Kubina, Gill and a few others got 2nd round picks + you have to wonder what Tallinder would return, he has the resume and could be a good pick up for a team with cup aspirations who wants to add an insurance policy back there.

If he does get a 2nd, Regier certainly deserves more than a little credit for getting Hank with Riley Boychuk.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Take this for what you want.

•TradeCentre: Henrik Tallinder linked to the Bruins, Dan Girardi could be in play, and Ryan Callahan's possible landing spots [TSN]

Maybe a roster fill for Seidenberg. Thought I would post it, found it on the Sabres, SB Nation page.

As for my own personal belief, I think someone might possibly overpay on Moulson. He's the type of veteran that a team would want for a playoff crunch.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
As for my own personal belief, I think someone might possibly overpay on Moulson. He's the type of veteran that a team would want for a playoff crunch.
Agreed, and backed up by some of the chatter with his name attached. Keeping a guy who can put the puck in the net with some consistency is tempting, but if he can land a 1st or a "Murray Worthy" prospect (or more), do it.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
short time frame to learn a new job and a new roster, so the lightning round of be a GM would go

1) meet with front office for initial opinions of current roster
2) meet with players/agents for all UFA's and RFA's
a) get initial contract demands​
b) move each into 1 of 2 categories; won't/can't attempt to resign and will attempt it​
3) identify any free agents that must be resigned or traded
a) prepare initial contracts to be delivered prior to Olympic break​
b) any situations where initial contract is far away from expected, move player to won't/can't bin​
4) trade anyone in won't/can't bin
5) complete front office post trade deadline
6) resolve contracts/draft players
7) offseason

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
His first player move will be to decorate his office?

"Hey, Sulzer. Come stand in my office. Permanently. Bring your jersey."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I cant vote on the poll (new person restriction?), but I would say trading one of the UFA three

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Possibly. If Regier had traded for a Tallinder type in '06 we would have played Edmonton in the finals. You can never have enough roster players with experience.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
His first "move" may dictate his first player move. To state the obvious, no doubt his first move will be to evaluate the roster, to include all of the prospects. I'm sure he knows about most of them already, but now he can do a deep dive with the help of Devine & Co. I believe in the PC he mentioned liking Ristolainen and Zadorov. So I'm sure he'll have his own take on everybody in Buffalo/Rochester and beyond, including the latest draft picks. He may have wildly different takes on Grigorenko and even Girgensons, for example. I can't imagine he wouldn't love Zemgus' game, but who knows? There may be a surprise or two in store.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

yes. Tallinder is exactly what contenders are looking to add at the deadline. Turning their #6 defensemen into a quality veteran player with playoff experience. A guy who you have no qualms about putting out on the ice in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad