What will Tim Murray's first player move be?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
yes. Tallinder is exactly what contenders are looking to add at the deadline. Turning their #6 defensemen into a quality veteran player with playoff experience. A guy who you have no qualms about putting out on the ice in the playoffs.

Do you expect Myers to regress again once Tallinder is moved/retires? :cry:

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Do something with Leino?

We'll know Murray is trying way too hard to ingratiate himself with the paying customers at the FNC if he trades Leino for anything.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Do you expect Myers to regress again once Tallinder is moved/retires? :cry:

Is that a possibility? Yes. A probability? Far from it.

In the post-game interviews that I've seen, Myers has come across as a thoughtful, engaged young player who likes to focus on a game's negatives/areas to improve upon rather than patting himself and the team on the back for their successes.

Based on his press conference comments about properly developing players, I think Murray will have a positive impact on Myers' game. I also think that Nolan's coaching has really given Myers a chance to expand his physical game. While his increased physicality opens him up to more criticism (see: 3 game suspension) I believe it's a net benefit for the team in the long run.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I wonder if he attempts to go for Kane next year. I highly doubt Kane leaves Chicago until he's 30 though. Resigns with Chicago then when hes been thru the ringer facing a 3rd contract already at 8 mil per year. Hawks sell him high to us and we lose out by giving them young assets to help them continue their multiple cup run.

Last edited:

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I wonder if he attempts to go for Kane next year. I highly doubt Kane leaves Chicago until he's 30 though. Resigns with Chicago then when hes been thru the ringer facing a 3rd contract already at 8 mil per year. Hawks sell him high to us and we lose out by giving them young assets to continue a cup run.

IF he's still worth the money, how do we lose out? Is everything always looked at negatively?

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Chicago has made it very clear that they want to keep Patrick Kane a Blackhawk until he retires. It's doubtful that Kane comes to Buffalo for anything less than an overpayment. Tim Murray seems like he's too smart to overpay unless it's a piece that puts the team over the top. With the team as it is currently, it seems unlikely that Kane comes to Buffalo any time soon.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Chicago has made it very clear that they want to keep Patrick Kane a Blackhawk until he retires. It's doubtful that Kane comes to Buffalo for anything less than an overpayment. Tim Murray seems like he's too smart to overpay unless it's a piece that puts the team over the top. With the team as it is currently, it seems unlikely that Kane comes to Buffalo any time soon.

Chicago might not have a choice. Kane gets to decide at UFA.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic because that was horrible for us.

Not sarcastic but pretty much asking for more for us. But also not sure of the goalie market making Miller's value fair or whatever.

If we did end up sending Ryan and Mikhail there I want more than Neckbeard Holtby and their middle of the 1st round pick though.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic because that was horrible for us.

Not really.

I don't see there being a market for either guy right now and I could see Murray taking the best deal he can get for Miller and just moving Grigorenko because he's worried that once his ELC is toast after 2014-15 he's gone to the KHL.

Plus, I like Holtby and his athleticism. Kolzig has messed him up, so maybe Corsi can fix him and he can be what many hoped Hackett would be.

And I love me some Holtby-isms!

punkr0x

Jul 2, 2009
Chicago might not have a choice. Kane gets to decide at UFA.
I think playing for his hometown is probably third on Patrick Kane's list, behind playing for a top contender and maximizing his contract value. If Chicago is willing to pay market value to keep him, I doubt he'll be inclined to leave.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad