What will Tim Murray's first player move be?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I think playing for his hometown is probably third on Patrick Kane's list, behind playing for a top contender and maximizing his contract value. If Chicago is willing to pay market value to keep him, I doubt he'll be inclined to leave.

I think Pegula flying out on a plane and gladhanding people might have one last useful application: Pat Kane the summer of 2015. If we land some absolute studs this draft and next, we might actually be able to convince Pat that he's jumping on board a rising Phoenix. Will he be? I don't know, but I bet a little Buffalo fan inside him will want to believe it's true.

I think Kane is really likely to re-sign a year ahead of time, but if he doesn't, if he actually tests UFA, I think he might be a legit target. That's the test: if he actually goes to UFA.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
I think Pegula flying out on a plane and gladhanding people might have one last useful application: Pat Kane the summer of 2015. If we land some absolute studs this draft and next, we might actually be able to convince Pat that he's jumping on board a rising Phoenix. Will he be? I don't know, but I bet a little Buffalo fan inside him will want to believe it's true.

I think Kane is really likely to re-sign a year ahead of time, but if he doesn't, if he actually tests UFA, I think he might be a legit target. That's the test: if he actually goes to UFA.

I think this is the only realistic shot we have of convincing Kane to come here via UFA.

"Jonathan Toews is a great player, but have you seen our shiny new McDavid/Eichel? :naughty:"

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I would be stunned if the Hawks let Kane or Toews hit UFA.

Until 7/1/2015 gets here and Kane is still unsigned, I'm not going to assume that Kane to the Sabres for the 2015-16 season is realistic at all.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Cause as much hassle as possible with a first round pick so he can be traded to Ottawa a la Kyle Turris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad