What will Canada's Winter Olympic Roster look like in 2026?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
And who steers the second line?
Crosby or Point. I'm perfectly fine with either of those guys centring a 2nd line. Ideally tho, I'd prefer MacKinnon centring his own line. Leave the PP for Canada's true power to be unleashed.

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
I feel like the top 9 and top 4 is pretty set with some combo of:

Hyman-McDavid-Bedard
Point-Mackinnon-Barzal
Marchand-Crosby-Marner
X-X-X

Hopefully a combo of vets I.e. Stamkos, Stone, O’Reilly, Tavares with some youth Johnston, Lafreniere, Byfield, Jarvis, Suzuki, Thomas can take those 3 spots

Toews-Makar
Morrissey-Bouchard
X-X

With Dobson, Rielly, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Theodore vying for the last two spots.

Hopefully some goalies come out of the woodwork… time is running out. Not that worried about goaltending though as I feel like we will dominate puck possession.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Bedard - McDavid - Hyman
Point - Mackinnon - Johnston
Marchand - Crosby - Marner
Thomas - Barzal - Stone
Byfield/Celebrini/whoevers hot

Toews - Makar
Morrisey - Bouchard
Theodore - Dobson
Doughty/Pietro/Power

Hill
Skinner
Binnington

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
In 2026 im not even sweating up front... Mcdavid Mackinnon Crosby Bedard Point Lafreniere Marner are 100% lock then we have Hyman Barzal and Thomas/Suzuki almost lock, with the young player battling for the 2-3 spots remaining

If Power and Byram hit their ceilling and stay healthy, we have a very good top 5, we just need to find the right shut down D along Makar Morrisey Byram Power Toews, Pietrangelo and Doughty should be done or near by 2026.

I feel the goalie is too soon, we'll just have to pick some goalie who can make the job, since we are pretty much guaranteed to score 3-4 + goals per game

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Bedard - McDavid - Hyman
Point - Mackinnon - Johnston
Marchand - Crosby - Marner
Thomas - Barzal - Stone
Byfield/Celebrini/whoevers hot

Toews - Makar
Morrisey - Bouchard
Theodore - Dobson
Doughty/Pietro/Power

Hill
Skinner
Binnington
Might be one of the best rosters I've seen on here. I think Laf would make the team over Marchand in 2026, but I'm not opposed to him being there. I would rather have a more defensive option than Bouchard eating up top 4 minutes considering that Canada is already so blessed with offensive juggernauts in Makar, Morrisey, Theodore, and Dobson. Other than that, fantastic roster construction from a guy who knows what he's doing

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
In 2026 im not even sweating up front... Mcdavid Mackinnon Crosby Bedard Point Lafreniere Marner are 100% lock then we have Hyman Barzal and Thomas/Suzuki almost lock, with the young player battling for the 2-3 spots remaining

If Power and Byram hit their ceilling and stay healthy, we have a very good top 5, we just need to find the right shut down D along Makar Morrisey Byram Power Toews, Pietrangelo and Doughty should be done or near by 2026.

I feel the goalie is too soon, we'll just have to pick some goalie who can make the job, since we are pretty much guaranteed to score 3-4 + goals per game
Expecting big things from Laf. If he can become a perennial 90+ point player, he’ll be the X-Factor for Canada. Strong Bull on the wing that can contend with the Tkachuks. Expecting Bedard and Fantillli to take the next steps and like you mentioned the young guns like Johnson, Byfield, Jarvis and Cozens to step it up.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Might be one of the best rosters I've seen on here. I think Laf would make the team over Marchand in 2026, but I'm not opposed to him being there. I would rather have a more defensive option than Bouchard eating up top 4 minutes considering that Canada is already so blessed with offensive juggernauts in Makar, Morrisey, Theodore, and Dobson. Other than that, fantastic roster construction from a guy who knows what he's doing
I agree with everything but the Bouchard thing, he's at worst the #2 offensive D on the team and dominates the possession game (both with and without McDavid) like few in the league. He also has proven chemistry with McD

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
4 Nations Cup team:

Hyman - McDavid - Point
Lafreniere - MacKinnon - Marner
Marchand - Crosby - Johnston
Verhaeghe - Thomas - Reinhart
Konecny, Bedard

Toews - Makar
Morrissey - Bouchard
Theodore - Doughty
Dobson, Pietrangelo

Skinner
Hill
Binnington

Olympic team:

Crosby - McDavid - Bedard
Byfield - Point - Johnston
Marchand - Thomas - Reinhart
Suzuki, Hyman

Toews - Makar
Morrissey - Bouchard
Power - Dobson
Theodore, Guhle

Goaltending is a question mark

Reactions: Mathieukferland

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
4 Nations Cup team:

Hyman - McDavid - Point
Marchand - Crosby - Johnston
Verhaeghe - Thomas - Reinhart
Konecny, Bedard

Toews - Makar
Morrissey - Bouchard
Theodore - Doughty
Dobson, Pietrangelo

Skinner
Hill
Binnington

Olympic team:

Crosby - McDavid - Bedard
Byfield - Point - Johnston
Marchand - Thomas - Reinhart
Suzuki, Hyman

Toews - Makar
Morrissey - Bouchard
Power - Dobson
Theodore, Guhle

Goaltending is a question mark
Really like this team aside from Hill. There aren't great options in net but I think Skinner and Binnington are the choices and hopefully someone steps up to push both those guys out of the starting role.

Maybe an outside chance Skinner develops more and improves on his weaknesses next year? Hope so.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad