TV: What TV series are you currently watching/recently watched?

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
No but it sounds very cool. I live near the Chicago Museum of Surgical Science and old-school medicine and surgical techniques fascinate me too. Been to that museum a few times and it's super cool. Check it out next time you're in Chicago

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely have to check that out.

As a side note, this Joe Rogan episode with Lindsey Fitzharris is fascinating. She's a medical historian and wrote a book called The Butchering Art all about medicine in Victorian-era London which was pre-antiseptic and pre-anaesthetic.

• Wow
Reactions: x Tame Impala

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
This has turned out to be a really good series. I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about it, although I know there is a ton of stuff out there. I like they they have been rolling it out weekly and not binging it. The finale is coming next week.
Presumed Innocent has been great, can't wait for the finale. AppleTV has been killing it with their shows, seems like nobody watches them though.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I finished this series, it definitely gets better. Is it the level of Rome or game of thrones? No but I was never bored watching it and I kept wanting to watch each episode to see what would happen next. Iwan Rehon has a great character and plays his role really well. Would definitely watch a season 2 if they decide to make it.
I started this series last night and enjoyed the first two episodes. The second episode being better than the first. Looking forward to watching the rest.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Presumed Innocent has been great, can't wait for the finale. AppleTV has been killing it with their shows, seems like nobody watches them though.

Agreed it's easily my favorite but unfortunately it looks like they will be making cuts to things. They really do make things harder for themselves by not making an android app too. They shouldn't be making it more difficult for people to watch their service.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Season 3 gets pretty wild. Season 4 (final season) been solid so far. Its definitely not prestige or HBO quality of a show, but I find its different to whats out there today and its a fun show that you dont have to put crazy amount of thought into.

Leland is such a great villain.

I'm about halfway thru season 2 and I just can't make myself care about Leland. It seems the high points for Evil are really high, but the low points are just...ugh.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Almost done with The Shield, just a solid show throughout without any real dips in quality. Some things are weird, like Mara showing up in season 3 out of nowhere, but the spiral to the end is very good.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Never watched it when it came out but currently starting the second season of Lost.
One of my favorite shows. It was originally only supposed to be three seasons but the network wanted to stretch it out, therefore stretching out a lot of plot lines more than they needed to be. It's all worth it in the end. Finish it and let me know what you think of the ending!

A LOT of people stopped watching after the first 3 seasons for one reason or another and then tuned into the finale just to see what happened. Then acted like they hated the ending, which was dumb. You get the advantage of streaming this and not having to wait a week or more between episodes which IMO does the show a ton of favors.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
One of my favorite shows. It was originally only supposed to be three seasons but the network wanted to stretch it out, therefore stretching out a lot of plot lines more than they needed to be. It's all worth it in the end. Finish it and let me know what you think of the ending!

A LOT of people stopped watching after the first 3 seasons for one reason or another and then tuned into the finale just to see what happened. Then acted like they hated the ending, which was dumb. You get the advantage of streaming this and not having to wait a week or more between episodes which IMO does the show a ton of favors.

I don't even remember why I stopped watching and I didn't tune into the finale cause going in absolutely clueless as to what happened in between would annoy me more than not watching it all. I'm not even sure I could just jump back in to where I left off, I'd have to read Wikipedia summaries to figure it out

Reactions: x Tame Impala

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I don't even remember why I stopped watching and I didn't tune into the finale cause going in absolutely clueless as to what happened in between would annoy me more than not watching it all. I'm not even sure I could just jump back in to where I left off, I'd have to read Wikipedia summaries to figure it out
I stopped watching because it was constant cliffhangers that weren't resolved and never paid off. It almost seemed like they were making it up as they went. Plus they had long hiatuses where they weren't airing new episodes or were re-running old ones, so you waited 6 weeks to tune in and find out what happens next only to be disappointed.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I stopped watching because it was constant cliffhangers that weren't resolved and never paid off. It almost seemed like they were making it up as they went. Plus they had long hiatuses where they weren't airing new episodes or were re-running old ones, so you waited 6 weeks to tune in and find out what happens next only to be disappointed.

Yeah that is why I have up in the middle of season 3. More questions than answers. Just got too frustrating and pointless to watch.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Start it over. It’s on Netflix and you’ll fall in love with it

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Start it over. It’s on Netflix and you’ll fall in love with it
I'll get back to it eventually. I have so many other shows that I've started that I want to finish first so once I burn through some of those I'll probably swing back to it.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
After I watch an "older" show I like to find a "what is the cast doing now" site so I can be depressed about who has died and to my surprise I found out the actor that played Julien on The Shield killed his wife and is in prison for at least 40 years! That's a new one for me.

Anyway, the show was dope and the finale was fantastic but not quite top tier overall even though there weren't many dips in quality

• Wow
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Westside:
Set in the 80s in New Zealand about a semi successful gang of thieves.
It's got a few good laughs, I like the pace and most of the characters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad