TV: What TV series are you currently watching/recently watched?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
After I watch an "older" show I like to find a "what is the cast doing now" site so I can be depressed about who has died and to my surprise I found out the actor that played Julien on The Shield killed his wife and is in prison for at least 40 years! That's a new one for me.

Anyway, the show was dope and the finale was fantastic but not quite top tier overall even though there weren't many dips in quality

:oops:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Interesting things to note about Suits - it never rains in New York, and the only people who own phones are in prison, not anyone who works for the most successful law firm in the country.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I finished this series, it definitely gets better. Is it the level of Rome or game of thrones? No but I was never bored watching it and I kept wanting to watch each episode to see what would happen next. Iwan Rehon has a great character and plays his role really well. Would definitely watch a season 2 if they decide to make it.
I finished this a week or so ago and really enjoyed it. The actor playing Dominition is bad to the point of being distracting but otherwise the acting was solid. Looking forward to season 2.

Started watching the final season of Snowpiercer the other day. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy it.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Don't forget dramatically leaving the room!

I'm still watching. Part of the way through S4. I tuned out... most of S2 and S3. It starts off on an interesting premise - guy who never actually went to law school becomes a lawyer. When you need to bring in other characters and storylines... they need to interesting. They aren't. Mike and Rachel might be one of the worst couples I've seen in a TV show. A pair of children with absolutely no chemistry at all. She's lucky she found a rich husband because she can't act.

I gave up watching this originally during S5 when ~a thing~ happened because it just felt stupid and not worth watching any more. Time hasn't really improved things.

I couldn't get through it once Mike left the show. They dragged this series out too much.

I found Louis pretty interesting, to be honest.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Just finished the new season of Unsolved Mysteries. A couple good episodes but so tired of Jack the Ripper and the Mothman. It's been covered to death.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm doing a rewatch of For All Mankind, and then will finally see Season 4 when I get to it. It's pretty good so far, but the episodes in the first season did feel somewhat long.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Watching The Americans again, I missed the final season when it aired, I forgot how many sex scenes there are. I know there aren't many Russian/English speaking actors so seeing the overlap between this and For All Mankind is fun.

Finally started watching the Sopranos. Finished the first season. I suspect the show ends up in my top 3/5 by the end.
I watched it for the first time last year, it holds up well. Shocking to see AJ in a Soulfly shirt.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I'm doing a rewatch of For All Mankind, and then will finally see Season 4 when I get to it. It's pretty good so far, but the episodes in the first season did feel somewhat long.
One of the best shows of the last decade, it's so good

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Started watching Silo. Only 3 episodes in. Pretty decent - I read the book (Wool) years ago when it first came out.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Been watching Marco Polo the past week or so. I'm enjoying it quite a bit but unfortunately it was cancelled after season 2 so likely won't get a proper ending.

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
(original) Jonny Quest

I think by a standard of any era, Quest had great artwork, sound effects, and very smooth animation. But especially now, when so much of animation has been turned over to computers, the details & hand painted backgrounds in this series stand out as an achievement.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
(original) Jonny Quest

I think by a standard of any era, Quest had great artwork, sound effects, and very smooth animation. But especially now, when so much of animation has been turned over to computers, the details & hand painted backgrounds in this series stand out as an achievement.
I’ve been watching that too, while doing my morning treadmill walk. I loved it when I was a kid and it still holds up well. Also watching the old Rocky & Bullwinkle shows.

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
I’ve been watching that too, while doing my morning treadmill walk. I loved it when I was a kid and it still holds up well..
I like the episode where the old German WWI ace basically plays a 'most dangerous game' with Bannon.
This is something else I think the original Quest deserves credit for.. their attention to historical & cultural detail. They have the details on the German bully's plane pretty accurate.. and there was an episode set in Tibet, where the architecture looks spot-on. This was a really high-quality show, which I never appreciated back in the day.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Anyone watching the Chimp Crazy documentary? It's absolutely wild. Final episode airs on Sunday night.
I heard it was “the new tiger king”. Wanted to wait for it all to come out so I can binge it.
I finished Suits. Impressively shallow.

I'm now watching Ugly Betty.
Tried to start Suits like 3 times and I just couldn’t get into it like I thought I would.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I heard it was “the new tiger king”. Wanted to wait for it all to come out so I can binge it.

Tried to start Suits like 3 times and I just couldn’t get into it like I thought I would.
The only time I cared about anyone was when people were finding out about Mike. That's the entire point. When the secret's out, is there anything keeping me engaged? Not really.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Chimp crazy is pretty wild. Still havent seen the last episode yet, but its insane these types of things are allowed to go on. All the people featured on it are so mentally ill they need serious help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad