Value of: What to do with Dmitry Orlov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
If you want an NHL dman back... Fayne (50%) + ? for Orlov?

Could run
Klefbom - Larsson
Orlov - Sekera
Nurse - Davidson

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Well that's news to........everyone. Also despite being left-handed Orlov plays the right side.

Orlov can play both sides, and in fact MacLellan mentioned that they'd like to see him play the left side more often because it makes for easier defensive zone plays.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015

Could run
Klefbom - Larsson
Orlov - Sekera
Nurse - Davidson

Woof.
Something tells me we're not going to trade a guy you're penciling in to your Top 4 for a Cap Dump who was on waivers last season. That plus would need to be more valuable than Orlov.
This is getting egregious.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Could run
Klefbom - Larsson
Orlov - Sekera
Nurse - Davidson

Orlov can play both sides, and in fact MacLellan mentioned that they'd like to see him play the left side more often because it makes for easier defensive zone plays.

interesting, esp if, as memory serves, Sekera also plays opposite to his shot in addition to his natural side; rare to have 2 of such kind on the same line.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Well that's news to........everyone. Also despite being left-handed Orlov plays the right side.

corrected it.

Point is still the same and if the Rangers are to move a LD to the right side, they've got better options already.

Last edited:

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
If I remember correctly - Trotz benched him in the PO's. I don't know if it was one game ...or....

Anyway, he's got a big upside as an offensive D-man but his rookie fumblings - at key moments - will have to be sorted.

I like him and think he's teachable but if the choice was either cap space for Oshie or cap space for Orlov........my choice is clear.

Once again the Orpik contract looms large

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Didn't it always?

Anyway, there's a Buffalo thread about getting a left hand defenseman to play in the top 4.

Sounds like these two teams might be a fit.

The Capitals have only one left defenseman they can guarantee is top 4 quality (Alzner). How exactly are these two teams a fit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad