What The Hell Has Happened To The Florida Panthers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'm more surprised that people didn't see this coming. Traded away all their futures, lost a shit ton of core pieces and depth guys. Said it at the start of the year, they are done for the next 2-3 years. They don't have any assets available to add to this core, and the current group isn't good enough to be a contender. They went all in and failed, no 1st til 2026. Their 1st this year might be Bedard, could end up being the worst trade in NHL history, no exaggeration.

Zito should've been fired in the off-season. Paid a premium for Giroux, Chiarot (lol) both walked in FA. Marchment gone, got absolutely bent over on the Huberdeau deal. Traded an elite winger + top pair D, + , for Tkachuk.

Why are they done for 2-3 years because they don't have a couple 1st round picks, you keep saying this but haven't explained it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Anyone that paid attention to their cap structure knew this year was coming. Zito made a smart move acquiring Tkachuk and giving it another run when they get some cap off next year via Hornqvist and Yandle and then the following year when they can maybe explore moving Bob.

Key injuries have made what was likely a wild card playoff finish out of grasp.

Drop off was expected but that’s some serious twisting if people had them with Montreal this close to half point of the season.

Every team has injury problems, plenty of teams have it far worse and they keep winning.

8 points out of a WC spot is abysmal.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Drop off was expected but that’s some serious twisting if people had them with Montreal this close to half point of the season.

Every team has injury problems, plenty of teams have it far worse.
8 points out of a WC spot is abysmal

Did you read my entire post?

The Panthers roster is structured in a way they couldn’t afford injuries to their center depth and top defenseman.

Barkov, Lundell, and Ekblad missing 10ish games is the likely difference between playoffs and not.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Did you read my entire post?

The Panthers roster is structured in a way they couldn’t afford injuries to their center depth and top defenseman.

Every team suffers from injuries.

In no way shape or form should they be close to Montreal right now.
They are underperforming this year even with everything you listed.

Look at the Jets with Maurice and them now, look at Florida last year and now with Maurice.
There’s nothing they look good at, there’s multiple players having down years.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Every team suffers from injuries.

In no way shape or form should they be close to Montreal right now.
They are underperforming this year even with everything you listed.

Look at the Jets with Maurice and them now, look at Florida last year and now with Maurice.
There’s nothing they look good at, there’s multiple players having down years.

Okay? Vegas and Tampa missed playoffs because of key injuries in recent years.

Some teams are built to overcome injuries some teams can’t.

I hate Maurice.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I hate Maurice.

Florida won the presidenths trophy and basically had the same core still in place, replace Hubs with Tkachuk.

They are underperforming massively.
Coaching plays a big part on how teams perform.

What did Vegas do this offseason?
Change a coach.

Look at Winnipeg last year and this year, Florida last year and this year.
What do they have in common?

It’s not all on Maurice but some people are giving him all the excuses in the World for the mess that’s happening in Florida.

If coach plays no part then why pay millions for him?

Edit.

I understand the longterm look and what’s happening behind this season.
All the cap that’s going off the books, why the Tkachuk trade makes sense longterm and all that.

Yet with all that I say they are underperforming massively

That’s why I’m not destroying their future outlook. Just how horrible they lool this year

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

I hate Maurice.
Vegas missed by 3 points and Tampa by 1. Right now the Panthers are 7 points out despite playing 3 more games.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Florida won the presidenths trophy and basically had the same core still in place, replace Hubs with Tkachuk.

They are underperforming massively.
Coaching plays a big part on how teams perform.

What did Vegas do this offseason?
Change a coach.

Look at Winnipeg last year and this year, Florida last year and this year.
What do they have in common?

It’s not all on Maurice but some people are giving him all the excuses in the World for the mess that’s happening in Florida.

If coach plays no part then why pay millions for him?

The Florida Panthers 4th best scorer from last year has yet to play a game this year.

Weegar was the Panthers 2nd most used defenseman and is no longer in Florida.

Mason Marchment who was a top nine
guy in Florida is now in Dallas.

Vatrano was replaced with Giroux in season last year but neither of those two were resigned.

Watch other teams if you want to comment on them.

Vegas missed by 3 points and Tampa by 1. Right now the Panthers are 7 points out despite playing 3 more games.

Let’s see what it looks like when the season ends.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Florida Panthers 4th best scorer from last year has yet to play a game this year.

Weegar was the Panthers 2nd most used defenseman and is no longer in Florida.

Mason Marchment who was a top nine
guy in Florida is now in Dallas.

Vatrano was replaced with Giroux in season last year but neither of those two were resigned.

Watch other teams if you want to comment on them.

I watch every Florida game basically so wrong there.

& they brought back new player in and promoted new players.

Ekblad& Forlsing are and have been considered their 2 best Dmen.

Their offense ”still” had Barkov/Tkachuk/Bennett/Lundell/Reinhart/Verhaeghe/Luostarinen/White.

Give me a break on them being thin on offense.
Sure that’s a lineup build to match Montreals rebuilding roster.

They could have run Lundell& Reinhart on the 3rd line if Mautice wanted to, they had great chemistry last year but he preferred not to.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I watch every Florida game basically so wrong there.

& they brought back new player in and promoted new players.

Ekblad& Forlsing are and have been considered their 2 best Dmen.

Their offense ”still” had Barkov/Tkachuk/Bennett/Lundell/Reinhart/Verhaeghe/Luostarinen/White.

Give me a break on them being thin on offense.
They could have run Lundell& Reinhart on the 3rd line if Mautice wanted to, they had great chemistry last year but he preferred not to.

They still had Colin White!?

Wow, you’re right. They were all in this year.

If you watched the Cats this year you’d know Lundell has been hurt and sick the majority of the season.

Reactions: Panteras

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They still had Colin White!?

Wow, you’re right. They were all in this year.

That’s the best you can come up with?

Barkov is garbage?
Tkachuk is garbage?
Verhaeghe is garbage?
Reinhart is garbage?
Bennett is garbage?
Lundell is garbage?

That’s 6 players you could have basically called 1st line players in the offseason and at worst top6.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Injuries+losing Weegar.

Fortunately for them, Duclair will be back next year and they will have enough cap space to add a D man.

KristichBabych

Jun 15, 2018
The Panthers have a good core with really good players…. Tkachuk, Knight, Barkov, Lundell, Reinhaet, Ekblad, … They will be ok, if they don’t panic, for a long time… At this point, perhaps Bobrowsky Is a bullet, but Maurice Is a joke.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Barkov is garbage?
Tkachuk is garbage?
Verhaeghe is garbage?
Reinhart is garbage?
Bennett is garbage?
Lundell is garbage?

That’s 6 players you could have basically called 1st line players in the offseason and at worst top6.

Not sure in what world Sam Bennett and Lundell are 1st line players. But I’m not even sure what you are arguing at this point.

The Panthers with a healthy roster and a little luck probably make the playoffs. The issue as I said above is they’ve specifically had injuries where they can’t afford to. Top pairing D and top nine centers.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The Panthers have elite 5v5 stats. They just haven't been able to finish. The main problem is Barkov is having an off year. He had pneumonia for awhile and he's in a custody battle for an infant he had with his ex which has greatly affected him. He's also now out with a knee injury since last week.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not sure in what world Sam Bennett and Lundell are 1st line players. But I’m not even sure what you are arguing at this point.

The Panthers with a healthy roster and a little luck probably make the playoffs. The issue as I said above is they’ve specifically had injuries where they can’t afford to. Top pairing D and top nine centers.

You said they were so thin they couldn’t deal with any injuries to have playoff hopes.

They have franchise to elite to great talent on offense.
Their biggest reason for being where they are is that they are playing bad.

Zero excuses to be Montreal level this season.

Now again that doesn’t change their future outlook as long as Zito rebuilds the blueline next summer.
Still this is bad season by them and Maurice isn’t doing them any favours

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Maurice was a bad hire in the first place.

They have lost Marchment, Duclair (injured), Tippett and Vatrano from the forward depth. That is one line and a piece from another. Huberdeau was replaced with Tkachuk so that is not a big deal.

However in that same trade they lost Weegar, who they haven't replaced. Gudas has been injured.

Barkov and Ekblad have been injured and have played below their level from last year.

Bobrovsky is even worse than last year.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
You said they were so thin they couldn’t deal with any injuries to have playoff hopes.

They have franchise to elite to great talent on offense.
Their biggest reason for being where they are is that they are playing bad.

Zero excuses to be Montreal level this season.

Now again that doesn’t change their future outlook as long as Zito rebuilds the blueline next summer.
Still this is bad season by them and Maurice isn’t doing them any favours

Please post where I said this.

I said they lost multiple forwards, already had one out until half way through the season, and have currently dealt with injuries to their two most important forwards.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Tampa broke them
Lol don't flatter yourself. The main problems are Barkov is having an off year(mainly due to a child custody battle), and Bob started off cold. Panthers are top 5 in xGF%, they are just missing that extra bit of offense that. Barkov could have provided.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
There was no way they could replicate the kind of success they had last year, especially after emptying the cupboard for rentals and then losing your 2nd best d-man so they could replace Huberdeau with Tkachuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad