What Should the new Atlanta NHL team be named?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
The Hotlanta Whack

As a tribute to Todd Packer, everyone's favorite degenerate sales guy so unceremoniously fired by Sabre CEO Robert California.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
1. The IOC protects their brand HARD. This would never, ever happen.
2. To celebrate the '96 Olympics. I dunno - to my mind that Olympics always brings u the bombing/false accusal of that security guard. Plus it's now 30 years ago.
3. Stags - could be. Bucks no (Milwaukee NBA team).
4. Cutthroats. I know it's the name of a fish, but given the obvious violent connotations I suspect not.
5. Terminus. I don't get it. And I doubt the euro-style "HC" branding. I know why it works in soccer, but not in hockey.
6. Firebirds - sure.
7. Raptors - n (Toronto NBA).
8. Kudzu - named after a noxious weed?
9 Paladins - fine
10. Gladiators - given the ECHL Gladiators right there in the market, probably has a minor league vibe to it (plus you'd need to buy the name)
On the last one I'm pretty sure that the current owner is part of the ownership group, so that one would be easy to pull off.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Yep, easily my favorite name of those proposed.

Oh, and the seal, which could easily be adapted into a cool logo:
1200px-Seal_of_Atlanta.png
This also has the added bonus if they want to match the Atlanta Hawks colors in terms of branding.

Could easily do red, white, and yellow with an adapted version of this logo.

Would totally be my pick.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
How about just don’t put a team there at all. Or go full jackass and put a second team in Phoenix so that you’ll have a cross-town rivalry.

Nice idea, but is there another college arena in the vicinity which could host a second Arizona NHL team?

Reactions: BudBundy

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I have an OG CCM Thrashers jersey.

It better be the thrashers. That first logo was sick.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
How about the, "Atlanta Brave for Trying Agains".

You could probably shorten it to something snappier like the..."Atlanta Braves" maybe.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The Hotlanta Whack

As a tribute to Todd Packer, everyone's favorite degenerate sales guy so unceremoniously fired by Sabre CEO Robert California.
I was actually wondering if "Georgia Hot 'Lantas" would be a crazy idea - just trying to work the ABB angle. ;)

Firebirds is by far my favorite. Works on a lot of levels, and I didn't even know about the city's seal.

If it is Firebirds, and if they have a player whose name starts with "Z", he's gotta go with #28.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Firebirds is by far my favorite. Works on a lot of levels, and I didn't even know about the city's seal.

If it is Firebirds, and if they have a player whose name starts with "Z", he's gotta go with #28.

Coachella Valley Firebirds is Seattle's AHL team so not sure how viable that is

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Atlanta Thrashers.

Then they could play metallica, megadeth, and anthrax during stoppages.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think the better questions is where will this team relocate to after hockey in Atlanta fails for a 3rd time and what will their name be.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
This also has the added bonus if they want to match the Atlanta Hawks colors in terms of branding.

Could easily do red, white, and yellow with an adapted version of this logo.

Would totally be my pick.
Agree here. Atlanta Resurgens just checks so many boxes. Colors with reference to Atlanta Fire youth team colors, colors reference the hawks and falcons, references Atlanta Flames, Thrashers with the bird, Phoenix is coming back from the flames to be reborn like the franchise. I mean goodness it's a call back to everything.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
As a new Atlanta NHL team becomes more likely, should this organization resurrect the Thrashers branding , colors, identity or forge ahead with something new?

As discussed in the Atlanta thread on the biz forum, there really isnt a better name/ mascot than the Thrashers.

Additionally, Millenials who will comprise a plurality of the Season Ticket base has strong nostalgia for The Thrashers and incorporating a modernized version of the team’s branding/jerseys / identity will do alot to galvanize support for the team

If for whatever reason The Thrashers name and identity cannot be leveraged here are some suggestions for potential team names

1. Olympics
2. 96’ers
3. Stags/Bucks (we have alot of deer)
4. Cutthroats (decent trout fishing in the Chattahoochee)
5. Terminus HC
6. Firebirds
7. Raptors (as in birds of prey)
8. Kudzu
9. Paladins
10. Gladiators (but in the Knights color scheme)
11. Yuzu (goes well with Kudzu)
12. Peaches
13. Sweet Teas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad