What Should the new Atlanta NHL team be named?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Atlanta used to be called Terminus, then Marthasville
so Terminators could work?

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Sounds like a fancy cocktail with an umbrella.

And there's your logo!
Its funny you mention the drinks, a good buddy just got back from Jamacia and imagine a guy who looks like Abraham from The Walking Dead, but the personality of Clint Eastwood in the good the bad and the ugly.
In most of the pics his wife is got this huge smile and he is holding some sort of giant cocktail with fruit hanging out with a dead ass straight face lol

Reactions: Lshap

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
As a new Atlanta NHL team becomes more likely, should this organization resurrect the Thrashers branding , colors, identity or forge ahead with something new?

As discussed in the Atlanta thread on the biz forum, there really isnt a better name/ mascot than the Thrashers.

Additionally, Millenials who will comprise a plurality of the Season Ticket base has strong nostalgia for The Thrashers and incorporating a modernized version of the team’s branding/jerseys / identity will do alot to galvanize support for the team

If for whatever reason The Thrashers name and identity cannot be leveraged here are some suggestions for potential team names

1. Olympics
2. 96’ers
3. Stags/Bucks (we have alot of deer)
4. Cutthroats (decent trout fishing in the Chattahoochee)
5. Terminus HC
6. Firebirds
7. Raptors (as in birds of prey)
8. Kudzu
9. Paladins
10. Gladiators (but in the Knights color scheme)

1. The IOC protects their brand HARD. This would never, ever happen.
2. To celebrate the '96 Olympics. I dunno - to my mind that Olympics always brings u the bombing/false accusal of that security guard. Plus it's now 30 years ago.
3. Stags - could be. Bucks no (Milwaukee NBA team).
4. Cutthroats. I know it's the name of a fish, but given the obvious violent connotations I suspect not.
5. Terminus. I don't get it. And I doubt the euro-style "HC" branding. I know why it works in soccer, but not in hockey.
6. Firebirds - sure.
7. Raptors - n (Toronto NBA).
8. Kudzu - named after a noxious weed?
9 Paladins - fine
10. Gladiators - given the ECHL Gladiators right there in the market, probably has a minor league vibe to it (plus you'd need to buy the name)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad