What is your first pleasant surprise of this 2024-25 season?

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
My first pleasant surprise came Thursday morning when I was checking the box scores from the night before. Victor Olofsson - who I had forgotten all about - scored two goals in Vegas' 8-4 victory over Colorado. One of his goals was a powerplay goal. I've always had a soft spot for the so-called one-trick-ponies who do nothing but score - and most often do their scoring on the powerplay. Camille Henry is/was the patron saint of such players.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Took Dylan Guenther ~200 overall in 3 fantasy drafts.

Kid is gonna score 50 goals in his career and looks to be a beast this year

Reactions: Davenport

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
My first pleasant surprise came Thursday morning when I was checking the box scores from the night before. Victor Olofsson - who I had forgotten all about - scored two goals in Vegas' 8-4 victory over Colorado. One of his goals was a powerplay goal. I've always had a soft spot for the so-called one-trick-ponies who do nothing but score - and most often do their scoring on the powerplay. Camille Henry is/was the patron saint of such players.

Olofsson seems to have bought into Cassidy's system pretty well so far and had some good defensive plays as well. With Cassidy's heavy defense-oriented bias, he'll have to play a 200' game. But, yeah, a pleasant surprise to us as well. With Marchessault gone, somebody was going to have to make up for his scoring.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Hildebeast played really well for his NHL debut, always love seeing that for young goalies.

The Leafs tandem in the crease at least to start the season is collectively over 13 feet tall. I found that surprising and perhaps even a bit pleasant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad