Value of: What is the plan with Travis Konecny?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
26 year old electrifying winger for Flyers making 5.5 million this year and next.

He’s PPG on a team like Flyers, dude is a complete player and is 100 percent the real deal.

What team is going to bite? These type of wingers for that cap is a golden nugget.

And also Flyers fans, please don’t tell me the plan is to keep him only to have him rot during his prime years. Let’s try to have an actual discussion about where he could be a fit and what makes fair value for Philly

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Every team has to deal with these crappy props. Rangers with Laf. Teams want to pay pennies on the dollar for good players. Flyers at not at this point yet where we are able to consider this. Go away

Reactions: UnSandvich

Deas

Feb 3, 2017
I’m not a Flyers fan but the last paragraph is a little silly in my opinion. Eliminating a viable option and implying it’s not even an actual discussion to consider that option.

Further, didn’t he recently say he was excited about being part of building something special? Just a few days back. I thought he exaggerated for sure but looking at the depth chart the Flyers’ rebuild doesn’t have to take very long. Could be good in a couple of years already.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Every team has to deal with these crappy props. Rangers with Laf. Teams want to pay pennies on the dollar for good players. Flyers at not at this point yet where we are able to consider this. Go away
I’m not a Flyers fan but the last paragraph is a little silly in my opinion. Eliminating a viable option and implying it’s not even an actual discussion to consider that option.

Further, didn’t he recently say he was excited about being part of building something special? Just a few days back. I thought he exaggerated for sure but looking at the depth chart the Flyers’ rebuild doesn’t have to take very long. Could be good in a couple of years already.
Please, have some decency.

I kindly ask we don’t do this-and to my excitement I see two replies, only for me to be made a fool of on main boards by having people do what I asked them not to do.

Last edited:

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Bring this guy back to Ottawa to play with his boy G. Ton of cap space opening up next year and we have 2 expendable first round picks plus a couple prospects that Briere is rumored to like.

His value will be at the highest around the deadline, followed by the summer when a team can extend him.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Should be traded at the deadline or the draft depending on the return, but then again, Laughton should have been traded already if teams value him as much as rumored.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
The return next year with retention wouldn’t be much less than the return this year without retention. I don’t think the difference is worth moving him this year. They still need to sell tickets.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
26 year old electrifying winger for Flyers making 5.5 million this year and next.

He’s PPG on a team like Flyers, dude is a complete player and is 100 percent the real deal.

What team is going to bite? These type of wingers for that cap is a golden nugget.

And also Flyers fans, please don’t tell me the plan is to keep him only to have him rot during his prime years. Let’s try to have an actual discussion about where he could be a fit and what makes fair value for Philly
Teams wanting add this type of player are at the cap so the Flyers would have to take back equal money.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The return next year with retention wouldn’t be much less than the return this year without retention. I don’t think the difference is worth moving him this year. They still need to sell tickets.
I think the return at this deadline 50% retained would be insane. A PPG all-situations high-energy winger signed for an additional season at under $3m would generate a ton of demand.

Think the Flyers would probably prefer not to retain, but it's a situation where they absolutely should if it nets them a big package.

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023

I kindly ask we don’t do this-and to my excitement I see two replies, only for me to be made a fool of on main boards by having people do what I asked them not to do.
A hooded man peers at you through a hidden door in the wall and quietly whispers.. "you have angered the HFboards Demiurges by your post, If you want to survive this come with me into the tunnels."

Do you:

A. Stay in thread and take your beatings

B. Go with the hooded man and never return to this thread again.

It's your choice.....

• Haha
Reactions: kevrondl and Crow

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
With 1.3 years left at this trade deadline, it'd likely be a 1st from contender + 2nd/decent prospect/mid 20s middle 6 player + decent filler picks?

If they wait until July, it's likely open to possible higher 1st rounders from bubble teams that want to take next step.

I can see Philly offering him a Brinks truck but unless he's really tied to their core, it may be hard to convince him to stay outside the big payday and giving him a letter on his jersey.

Solid player, with still room to grow.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Should be traded at the deadline or the draft depending on the return, but then again, Laughton should have been traded already if teams value him as much as rumored.
The issue is cap space.

if there is certainty the cap will go up in 24/25 by $3M+ as some anticipate then there could be a lot more interest near the deadline than now. With some retention, he’d fit in much easier under next years cap and plan with teams.

teams have him for 2 playoff runs if he goes unsigned.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The sooner we trade him the better the pick we'll get. There's honestly no point keeping him for any longer than we need to.

Valid perspective. However, a tell tale sign Philadelphia hasnt embraced a proper tank/rebuild is that Tortorella is still coach. And they have some players back that could make them competitive enough to have playoff aspirations for a while.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I think this all depends on his expectations for his next contract. If he's expecting a 7 or 8 year big-money deal that won't be value in the 2nd half, a rebuilding team has to consider moving him, even if it will tick off fans.

At 50%, he could be quite valuable for quite a few teams looking to add quality scoring depth for a couple of playoff runs. Teams like Edmonton or Toronto could really gain a lot from adding a scoring threat separate from their core stars.

Reactions: Curufinwe

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bring this guy back to Ottawa to play with his boy G. Ton of cap space opening up next year and we have 2 expendable first round picks plus a couple prospects that Briere is rumored to like.

His value will be at the highest around the deadline, followed by the summer when a team can extend him.

At some point we will need to draft in the 1st round again.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Well it wasnt a very realistic request. Not sure what you are expecting. Obviously its very possible and an option that he sticks around in philly.

At some point we will need to draft in the 1st round again.

Yeah some sens fans really dont want to listen to Staios when he said they are looking for sustainable success. Plus the sens honestly wont have the cap space they have Pinto, Grieg, Chychrun who are all going to get substantial raises over the next 2 seasons.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Out of 7 seasons, he's been P/PG exactly once. His career point totals are 336 in 490 gp, which isn't even close to P/PG. If you start out a thread with a false statement, it usually doesn't go out.

Also, and this is more subjective, I wouldn't call him "electrifying".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad