Speculation: What is Swayman's Trade Value?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
When Ottawa realizes how badly they messed up by trading Korpisalo, Boston will extort them into trading Ullmark for Korpisalo and Dean Letourneau, except they will ask Ottawa for the rights to Nikolay Kulemin, just because they can.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
It seems like Boston is being punished for only leaving a certain amount of cap space and giving themselves leverage. What if Boston makes a separate trade to clear cap space for Swayman, then they sign him for 8.8-8.9?
Too rich for my blood. I’d rather see them try and move Swayman before giving him 9mil

Reactions: EXTRAS

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Boston needs three things in a return IMO:

-Average starter who can play 50 games OR a young goalie who is on the way there but not quite one yet. I think Boston's system can make such a goalie look much better than they are.
-A 1st rounder in the deep '25 Draft.
-A prospect of varying quality depending on how good the goalie is.

Ideally BOS will want to move Sway out of the East so there's less chance he bites them in the behind, AND the team trading for him needs the cap room to fit in his projected $8M+ salary, which leaves the following list:

SEA- Could offer Grubauer, Tanev (for cap), 2025 1st, and one of Sale/Miettinen/Rehkopf/Nyman.
LAK- Could offer Kuemper, 2025 1st, and Greentree; with Doughty injured their cap situation is actually pretty flexible right now.
ANH- Could offer Gibson, 2025 1st, and one of Warren/Luneau/Solberg. Only thing that complicates this is Gibson's recovery from surgery.
UHC- Could offer Vejmelka, 2025 1st, one of Beaudoin/Lamoureux/But.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Not a player you can replace the impact of in a realistic trade, from Boston's side. Would need to be a top-6 forward coming back I think, and I'm not sure a goaltender with, generously, 2 years of admittedly pretty great hockey on his side, and also demanding a bunch of money, is gonna get that from anyone rn. Seems like the goalie trade market is always strange, volatile too

Reactions: PlayMakers

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Last goalie like him traded was Freddy Andersen? He was 25.

1st and 2nd rounder for Andersen.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayMakers

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
If there is a trade Chicago makes sense if they are willing to move Mrazek after just signing him.

Not sure what Boston is doing with Bussi

Mrazek, Toronto 1st, and Commesso for Swayman at 8x8.25?

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
If there is a trade Chicago makes sense if they are willing to move Mrazek after just signing him.

Not sure what Boston is doing with Bussi

Mrazek, Toronto 1st, and Commesso for Swayman at 8x8.25?

That's nowhere close to enough. Chicago would need to add a prospect like Vanacker, Moore or Rinzel for BOS to even consider it.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
That's nowhere close to enough. Chicago would need to add a prospect like Vanacker, Moore or Rinzel for BOS to even consider it.
I think that would be too much given the circumstances so probably somewhere in between. Maybe a "lesser prospect" Gavin Hayes Ryan Greene Paul Ludwinski.

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Teams like Utah or Anaheim jump out to me as potential suitors. They are both looking to make the next step and they have young prospects that could make it work trade-wise

HelmutCool

Jul 3, 2024
Teams like Utah or Anaheim jump out to me as potential suitors. They are both looking to make the next step and they have young prospects that could make it work trade-wise
I think Anaheim are happy with Dostal.
Can see Utah being interested. Also being a "new" team I'd imagine they would like to make some noise.
Vejmelka, 1.rounder and a prospect?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If he is traded, they aren't getting full value, but it still would be high.

They would get a better return if it is a hockey trade where they take back a player with a large cap hit. That would open up the market.

If it is just futures, probably something similar to an offer sheet, except easier to digest for the team giving it up. So if it's Utah, it might be a protected 1st, a 1st round prospect, a 2nd, and a 3rd instead of two unprotected 1sts a 2nd and a 3rd.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
We have a thread on the contract negotiations, what's been offered, what's fair, the comps, etc.

This thread is about his trade value; who would be interested and what would they offer?

In terms of needs, I'd think the Bruins could use a RW, G and/or C but they do currently have young players with high hopes/ceilings vying for those spots in camp (Lysell, Bussi and Poitras). Draft picks are also good.
Demko for Swayman.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

If Boston gets offered Ingram + for Swayman they would be foolish not to accept it. Ingram showed last year that he can be a starter and Montgomery's system will make any top 20 starter look better than they really are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad