Value of: What is Columbus going to do with Peeke?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Where does Peeke fit on their blue line?

Does he get traded?

Also, I assume Blankenburg is sent to the AHL, but Bjork is probably waived and most likely claimed.

Does Peeke for Garland work? Van has a bit need for RHD here - maybe even with a small retention to work the $ - maybe they add a mid rd. pick.

I think Vancouver and Columbus make solid trade partners.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Where does Peeke fit on their blue line?

Does he get traded?

Also, I assume Blankenburg is sent to the AHL, but Bjork is probably waived and most likely claimed.

Does Peeke for Garland work? Van has a bit need for RHD here - maybe even with a small retention to work the $ - maybe they add a mid rd. pick.

Deal

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
You'd think Vancouver would be all over that trade if Columbus would be willing, which means they certainly aren't willing.

Reactions: biturbo19

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

It doesn't seem Vancouver has plenty of pieces that they would be willing to give up and Columbus would be interested in getting. Peeke by itself is probably worth a 2nd round pick or more and Jackets don't really need another middle-six winger.

Maybe it could work somehow if there was a third team involved.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I only think Peeke is moved for a silly deal for Columbus right now. He seems like a Babcock type player and eats up pucks on the PK and 5v5. Throw out last year and see what the new coach thinks. Not saying he won't be moved but I think they're is enough interest that the price would be higher than expected. Columbus doesn't have to move him based on contracts with the rest of the D

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I only think Peeke is moved for a silly deal for Columbus right now. He seems like a Babcock type player and eats up pucks on the PK and 5v5. Throw out last year and see what the new coach thinks. Not saying he won't be moved but I think they're is enough interest that the price would be higher than expected. Columbus doesn't have to move him based on contracts with the rest of the D
He’s the type of dman Babcock loves to overplay. Peeke and Provorov will be viewed much differently by this time next year, after a year playing for him.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
He’s the type of dman Babcock loves to overplay. Peeke and Provorov will be viewed much differently by this time next year, after a year playing for him.
Maybe. I'm not a huge fan but hearing Babcock mention his as a RD with size, etc. sounds like he at least wants to view him in camp. Maybe it doesn't happen, maybe it does. He's a bottom pair or 6/7 guy that has some nice traits but he's been unable to consistently put them on display due to team injuries, too high in the lineup, slow starts, bad mix, just not capable... Something has held him back but maybe Babcock unlocks something instead or maybe Jarmo sells before we see what happens.

Honestly, I think there is too much made around a guy that is unlikely to every be a consisten 2nd pair guy and most likely fighting for playing time on whatever team he plays for. I hope he puts it together but I don't think there are enough tools to worry about whether he stays or goes.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I look at it like Werenski, Provorov, Severson, and Gudbranson have secured spots while Peeke, Boqvist, Bean, Blankenburg will be fighting for the last spots. There are also prospects knocking right on the door, along with a ton of people that got significant playing time last season due to injury.

I don’t think it has to be Peeke that is traded, but it could be. But it’s not urgent to move anyone until Jiricek claims a spot.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I look at it like Werenski, Provorov, Severson, and Gudbranson have secured spots while Peeke, Boqvist, Bean, Blankenburg will be fighting for the last spots. There are also prospects knocking right on the door, along with a ton of people that got significant playing time last season due to injury.

I don’t think it has to be Peeke that is traded, but it could be. But it’s not urgent to move anyone until Jiricek claims a spot.
I am a fan of what Jarmo has been able to build in Columbus.
Jiricek is probably kicking down doors during training camp.
Most assume he doesn't make the team because of the log jam.

What is the ideal return for Peeke?

I assume the F's roughly look like this -
Gaudreau - Jenner - Marchenko
Laine - Fantilli - Johnson
Texier - Sillinger - Roslovic
Robinson - Kuraly - Bemstrom

The final 2 F spots go to either: Olivier, Chinakov, Foudy?

I would throw out there - Garland and Vancouver 2025 2nd for Peeke and Texier. The cap hits roughly the same - Columbus takes on 500k more.

Garland slides into the top 9 and Jiricek makes the team.

Final question - Bjork is probably waived and potentially lost - seems like a good depth piece for teams that need RHD. Am I wrong?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I was hoping for Yzerman to go after Peeke rather than what he did on the right side. Oh well...

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I am a fan of what Jarmo has been able to build in Columbus.
Jiricek is probably kicking down doors during training camp.
Most assume he doesn't make the team because of the log jam.

What is the ideal return for Peeke?

I assume the F's roughly look like this -
Gaudreau - Jenner - Marchenko
Laine - Fantilli - Johnson
Texier - Sillinger - Roslovic
Robinson - Kuraly - Bemstrom

The final 2 F spots go to either: Olivier, Chinakov, Foudy?

I would throw out there - Garland and Vancouver 2025 2nd for Peeke and Texier. The cap hits roughly the same - Columbus takes on 500k more.

Garland slides into the top 9 and Jiricek makes the team.

Final question - Bjork is probably waived and potentially lost - seems like a good depth piece for teams that need RHD. Am I wrong?
That is a horrible offer. No way they entertain moving Tex after just getting him back

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think the Jackets will see if Peeke can hold on to a spot in the top-6 in camp before they decide to keep or move him.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I think the Jackets will see if Peeke can hold on to a spot in the top-6 in camp before they decide to keep or move him.

No offense but is he not that good and overrated by this board if we’re talking about whether he can crack a spot in BJ’s lineup?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
No offense but is he not that good and overrated by this board if we’re talking about whether he can crack a spot in BJ’s lineup?
We dont know what he can be in a healthy lineup because of last year. Just like Gavrikov looked terrible so people pretended he was bad because stats said so but then went to a better situation and looked good. He cant play too high in the lineup but could possibly do well with a guy like Provorov. Its why we are in wait and see mode with him and Babcock's use of the defense.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Given last year's results, nobody's spot should be safe.

But Peeke will be facing a lot of pressure from Provorov, Severson, Boqvist, and Jiricek if not others.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Given last year's results, nobody's spot should be safe.

But Peeke will be facing a lot of pressure from Provorov, Severson, Boqvist, and Jiricek if not others.

What would his trade value be?

Based on your response, I assume CBJ would probably take a 2nd rounder for him and run.

If he ends up struggling in camp and beginning of season not being a regular in lineup, I imagine his value would plummet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad