What is Arnold Schwarzenegger's best film?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What is Arnold Schwarzenegger's best film?

• Conan the Barbarian (1982)

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • The Terminator (1984)

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Commando (1985)

• Predator (1987)

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • The Running Man (1987)

• Red Heat (1998)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Total Recall (1990)

Votes: 19 16.8%
  • Kindergarten Cop (1990)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • True Lies (1994)

• Jingle All the Way (1996)

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Other

• Total voters

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
He won't be remembered as one of the greatest actors of all time, but when it comes to personality, charm, and charisma, he's in a class of his own. A true movie star in the best sense of the word.

The amount of cheesy one-liners that would make any other actor look stupid but made iconic by him speaks for itself.
Take Predator, for example. A serious action movie, not really meant to be humorous. He impales a guy and then says "Stick around". Any other actor says that and it would make your eyes roll back in your head. But when Arnold says it it's endearing.

If I had to pick my personal top 3 of his movies, it'll probably be: Predator, Terminator 2, Total Recall. Probably in that order.
He's definitely not who I'd think of when thinking about true movie stars. I think of guys like Nicholson, Brando, Bogart along with many others. Arnold to me was a true action star who had some comedic moments due to his accent.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I didn't know anything about Maggie before making this thread, but on the note of him being a serious actor I'll mention Sabotage. He's the leader of a corrupt DEA taskforce that steals money from their busts. It's a terrible film. It has other people in it you recognise (Sawyer from Lost is in it) but it's shot really weird and everyone seems very aware they're acting. It looks like the sort of thing you get on daytime TV at 3 in the afternoon. But Arnold is quite good in it. I think it's the only serious thing I've seen him in and it was a bit of a surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad