Speculation: What happens to Pacioretty?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Where does he end up?

DQfk1c5WkAAQ7zh.jpg

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
The thing with Patches was that he needed a huge amount of prep just to play when he was in his prime, he had Montreal haul around an ice tank for him to plunge into between periods. He had to go through huge lengths to just play the game.

I never got the impression that the passion was there. His injury history plus love of his family means I don't think the thought of playing a full 82 excited him.

If he walks away rather than make league minimum, I'd get it.
You literally just detailed how much he had to go through just to play, and then somehow go on to doubt the passion for the game?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs make a lot of sense as a PTO. They might need LW help and it gives them leverage over Robertson and depth in case one of the kids are not ready as hoped.

For him if he makes the team he knows he should be in the playoffs and even if not he will draw attention if he plays well and get a deal

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The thing with Patches was that he needed a huge amount of prep just to play when he was in his prime, he had Montreal haul around an ice tank for him to plunge into between periods. He had to go through huge lengths to just play the game.

I never got the impression that the passion was there. His injury history plus love of his family means I don't think the thought of playing a full 82 excited him.

If he walks away rather than make league minimum, I'd get it.

I also remember hearing in Vegas, he made the team haul around a tent for him so his family didn't have to walk in the sun. The guy always wanted to have the PatioReady if you get my drift.

• Haha
Reactions: mattihp

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I remember when habs fans wanted robert thomas or kyrou and a 1st for patches as a rental lol. Thomas turned into 1c and kyrpu turned into 1 rw bothe ppg players

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I remember when habs fans wanted robert thomas or kyrou and a 1st for patches as a rental lol. Thomas turned into 1c and kyrpu turned into 1 rw bothe ppg players
I mean, they got prime Tatar and prospect Nick Suzuki for him. That's a pretty similar price.

You literally just detailed how much he had to go through just to play, and then somehow go on to doubt the passion for the game?
I didn't get the sense it was passion, I got the sense it was duty.

I'm not saying he wasn't invested into the games and teams, I don't get the impression he was enjoying it.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
he can't get away with diving and faking injuries to get calls like he did in Vegas, so his effectiveness went down 100%.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
I'd clean public toilets in Uganda with a toothbrush for Pacioretty's salary. Don't think it says much about passion for the sport.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
He certainly doesn’t seem well liked here.
I mean, I'll link to his pre draft scouting report and you can see why people are frustrated with him nowadays.

"Max Pacioretty is a prototypical power forward in the new NHL with his great frame, long stride and ability to finish around the net. Further increasing his value is his commitment to NCAA hockey factory Michigan. He will fill out and learn to play without the puck before he turns pro. When all of that seasoning is put into place, he should come out as a valuable power forward that can draw penalties and score on the power play.
• HT: 6-2; WT: 203; Shot: Left; Born: 11/20/1988 (New Canaan, Conn.); Final ranking: 16."

Doesn't really sound like the player Vegas or Washington got eh? Instead, they got a high maintenance diva who is a perimeter players. I get there's reasons why that happened (Chara) but it's still disappointing to look at what he became.

• Haha
Reactions: zeeto

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Seems like his old Habs nickname suits here. He is for sure "patio ready" these days.

• Haha
Reactions: vokiel

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I mean, they got prime Tatar and prospect Nick Suzuki for him. That's a pretty similar price.

I didn't get the sense it was passion, I got the sense it was duty.

I'm not saying he wasn't invested into the games and teams, I don't get the impression he was enjoying it.
Nick suzuki is not robert thomas lol

Why even bring that up in this thread? Can you not be insufferable for once?
Lol not for bud

• Haha
Reactions: Rafafouille

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
If you say so, it absolutely must be true.
Last two years.
Thomas
22/23 gp73 g18 a47 p65 -8 .89ppg
23/24 gp82 g26 a60 p86 +9 1.04 ppg
Also robert thomas is a better passer and skater

Suzuki
22/23 gp82 g26 a 40 p66 -13 .80ppg
23/24 gp82 g33 a 44 p77 - 14 .94 ppg

Robert plays in all situations also helped blues win a cup

Well he does have 5 kids
So he probably needs to play a few more years to get kids college paid lol

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Last two years.
Thomas

Suzuki
Somebody, somewhere, cares.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Last two years.
Thomas

Suzuki

Robert plays in all situations also helped blues win a cup

So he probably needs to play a few more years to get kids college paid lol
What is this post even? Holy homerism.

Suzuki is an all situation player too, he played more of a role in the Habs getting to the finals than Thomas did in the Blues winning the cup (which is fair because Thomas was 19 playing a bottom 6 role at the time).

If you don't see Suzuki and Thomas as being in the same tier of players, that's a homer hill you'll die on.

Reactions: Rafafouille

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I mean, I'll link to his pre draft scouting report and you can see why people are frustrated with him nowadays.

"Max Pacioretty is a prototypical power forward in the new NHL with his great frame, long stride and ability to finish around the net. Further increasing his value is his commitment to NCAA hockey factory Michigan. He will fill out and learn to play without the puck before he turns pro. When all of that seasoning is put into place, he should come out as a valuable power forward that can draw penalties and score on the power play.
• HT: 6-2; WT: 203; Shot: Left; Born: 11/20/1988 (New Canaan, Conn.); Final ranking: 16."

Doesn't really sound like the player Vegas or Washington got eh? Instead, they got a high maintenance diva who is a perimeter players. I get there's reasons why that happened (Chara) but it's still disappointing to look at what he became.
I mean Vegas got a pretty damn productive player for a few years to be fair, admittedly didn't see much of him there but flirted with or exceeded a point per game in 3/4 seasons

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3