What happened to Wetcoaster?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The 80's are pure GenX. Not sure why you're waffling here. You're either a GenX or a Millenial suffering from an identity crisis.

Stop misrepresenting GenX culture please.
I was under the impression I was an independent person with my own views and experiences. Thanks for setting me straight though.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
^Myspace, AOL messenger, MSN Messenger, Xanga, Blogger, Yahoo Groups

Streamed my illegal shit from Napster and Limewire.

f*** em kids that also pay for subscriptions. I remember getting a PC game that included EVERYTHING and was FREE to play online. Hell I even remember some FREE demo games I could play online.

Yea now kids have it easy. I remember having to wait for the “download complete” on limewire to enjoy my male activities. Now you just go on the internet and it’s instant gratification. Still remember the excitement watching those download bars complete…

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Yea now kids have it easy. I remember having to wait for the “download complete” on limewire to enjoy my male activities. Now you just go on the internet and it’s instant gratification. Still remember the excitement watching those download bars complete…
Did you download one at a time so it was faster or like 15 which was slower but you could use the preview mode to make cuts. Also Kazzaa

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Right? MSN Messenger was absolutely massive when I was in high school.

I‘ll also never forget how bloody annoying ICQ’s “uh oh!” Sound effect was.
Speaking of sound, here's at least a partial reason why Apple Computers wasn't always on the cutting edge of technology with respect to 'sound'/'music' in their hardware. I could be wrong but I think even something as basic as the Commodore 64 during it's heyday was superior in it's music/sound capabilities than what Apple hardware had during that time period:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Did you download one at a time so it was faster or like 15 which was slower but you could use the preview mode to make cuts. Also Kazzaa

8-10 downloads per batch, and would sneak outside my bedroom into the computer room to watch the cuts of the ones that progressed or the ones that were already completed in the dead at night while my parents were asleep. Don't know why I always felt like a thief sneaking at night making sure I don't wake up anyone. Good times.

Edit: Also asking my parents to sleep in the basement because it was colder every Friday... Channel 39 Showtime.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
8-10 downloads per batch, and would sneak outside my bedroom into the computer room to watch the cuts of the ones that progressed or the ones that were already completed in the dead at night while my parents were asleep. Don't know why I always felt like a thief sneaking at night making sure I don't wake up anyone. Good times.

Edit: Also asking my parents to sleep in the basement because it was colder every Friday... Channel 39 Showtime.
The old start the download and walk away. Risky move.

I remember when The Eminem Show got leaked a couple weeks before it was released. I was super excited about that

Usually I would have to wait 6 months to a year to buy a cd when the price had come down.

Reactions: Grub

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

I’ll take it one step further. You have gotta be talking about the Showcase show “The Hitchhiker.” 😏

The old start the download and walk away. Risky move.

I remember when The Eminem Show got leaked a couple weeks before it was released. I was super excited about that

Usually I would have to wait 6 months to a year to buy a cd when the price had come down.
I used to know how to download ea sports games on my computer and make ‘em work and everything. Including online play. This was like between 2000 and 2006 if I recall properly.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

Red shoe diaries as well. That channel was gold for when you were in that age bracket.

Reactions: Grub

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Kazaa was a spam nightmare, Kazaa Lite was where it’s at. Limewire was my jam up until it ended.
Yea it was.

in the early days of peer2peer we were running some major risks, when something was going viral, someone had to be attaching viruses to it. I would be super pissed if my kids did that.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
this thread is an absolute trip

my only contribution:

I think you have to also include Usenet and other BBS software as the predecessors of late 90's style forum software as well, even from before the WWW.

Someone posted the link to google's usenet archives on hockey subjects and it's hysterical how similar discussion was between those formats and HF. The posts tended to be a little lengthier since it wasn't as easy to have a quick back and forth but it's basically all the same stuff down to the types of trolls.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I think you have to also include Usenet and other BBS software as the predecessors of late 90's style forum software as well, even from before the WWW.

Someone posted the link to google's usenet archives on hockey subjects and it's hysterical how similar discussion was between those formats and HF. The posts tended to be a little lengthier since it wasn't as easy to have a quick back and forth but it's basically all the same stuff down to the types of trolls.
"Alt.binaries"....for errr stuff.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad