What are your expectations for next season?

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I'm not expecting much regression. The big cogs in this machine are still in place. Especially offensively (they are excellent system defenders as well). The 3 main concerns would be: staying healthy (theres been alot of hockey the last 2 seasons), complacency (keep that fire going in boring regular season tilts), and running out of steam at the end (again, alot of hockey lately). We have a good core, a good coach, and a management in place supporting it all. Skys the limit.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Don't know; don't care. I just want to relax and watch some fun hockey.

Another deep run would be incredible, but my mindset is so far away from that right now. I can die happy. I don't know how athletes motivate themselves to stay committed to being the best after reaching the top. Different mentality I suppose!
After two cup runs, I am expecting them to be pretty damn tired. I won't be upset at all if we get bounced in round 1 or 2. They deserve a long summer.

Reactions: Vilam and MaWa

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I'm expecting a slow start. They've played a lot of hockey the last 2 years and and I guess it will be a little bit hard to find the motivation early in the season after winning the cup.

Of course, they'll be fine and finish the season as a top tier team.

As for the next playoffs. As long as they don't get kicked out by the leafs, anything else will be fine for me.

I'd be shocked if they go to the finals for a third year.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Playoff berth fully expected. East is still very winnable, but worried about Boston and to some extent the Leafs. Not sure about the Rangers, but if Lafreniere continues to improve they could become a big problem.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
My expectations? We won the F_ckin’ Cup,
Hookers and Cocaine for everyone!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm expecting a slow start. They've played a lot of hockey the last 2 years and and I guess it will be a little bit hard to find the motivation early in the season after winning the cup.

Of course, they'll be fine and finish the season as a top tier team.

As for the next playoffs. As long as they don't get kicked out by the leafs, anything else will be fine for me.

I'd be shocked if they go to the finals for a third year.

They might really pull a Tampa this time and mail it in for the season, then pick it up in February/March. With Maurice "looking the other way".

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Are you already looking forward to next years draft?

I'm looking at 2026 ;)

No but seriously. I need something to bitch about. I'll be back

Cant till next season when we get oilers fans here shouting about a cup hangover or once they get off to a bad start say they have a "potentially the craziest parade hangover ever"

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I'd be more interested to know what Zito's and ownership's expectations are, what the duration of PoMo's contract actually is and how much leash he will get - Zito and PoMo should have job security for life.

Hoping for us to be like Tampa, giving a half-assed effort during the regular season barely good enough to make the POs, be a nightmare for the topseed making another deep run (rinse and repeat over the next 5-8 years!)

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I'd be more interested to know what Zito's and ownership's expectations are, what the duration of PoMo's contract actually is and how much leash he will get - Zito and PoMo should have job security for life.

Hoping for us to be like Tampa, giving a half-assed effort during the regular season barely good enough to make the POs, be a nightmare for the topseed making another deep run (rinse and repeat over the next 5-8 years!)

Agree, can't wait for us to get in as the three seed in the Atlantic or a wildcard and 'experts' writing off the team before turning it on in the playoffs.

Also...I just have to say your avatar is awesome. The way Maurice looks at the Cup with reverence, the shine on that Cup as he brings it down and the camera zooms in followed by the 'f*** yeah's is just...🤌💋

Reactions: Vilam

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Agree, can't wait for us to get in as the three seed in the Atlantic or a wildcard and 'experts' writing off the team before turning it on in the playoffs.

Also...I just have to say your avatar is awesome. The way Maurice looks at the Cup with reverence, the shine on that Cup as he brings it down and the camera zooms in followed by the 'f*** yeah's is just...🤌💋
Thanks, all the credit goes to @Mogo who let me have this one (we had the same idea basically at the same time, he provided me with the GIF. Never had an avatar before so this seemed appropriate as the one and only I'll ever have)

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002

Oh it would be so awesome. Limping in "cup hangover" "there done" but infact were just saving our guys for the playoffs and boom!!! Boston and Leafs knocked out again :nod:

Reactions: austropanther

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
I was thinking should I post this crazy prediction I have or not. Oh well.. wth

Boqvist breaks out and by game 20 is paired with Forsling also running the PP #1. Has a 40-50 point season

Ekblad wont sign extension lower than what Forsling makes and forces Zito to deal Ekblad at the deadline with emergence of Boqvist.
We get a mid level dman, prospect and 1rst + another pick in return

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I was thinking should I post this crazy prediction I have or not. Oh well.. wth

Boqvist breaks out and by game 20 is paired with Forsling also running the PP #1. Has a 40-50 point season

Ekblad wont sign extension lower than what Forsling makes and forces Zito to deal Ekblad at the deadline with emergence of Boqvist.
We get a mid level dman, prospect and 1rst + another pick in return

Agree Boqvist could break out and get more minutes.

Ekblad...if we're in contention by the trade deadline, he's not getting traded. Pretty sure they'll let him play out his contract and then re-evaluate at season end. I could see us signing Ek to a contract under Forsling if he has a solid season and then re-signing Boqvist if he does well too.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002

Ekblad...if we're in contention by the trade deadline, he's not getting traded. Pretty sure they'll let him play out his contract and then re-evaluate at season end. I could see us signing Ek to a contract under Forsling if he has a solid season and then re-signing Boqvist if he does well too.

I wish we had given Boqvist 2 years. Maybe he didnt want it.

Last season I really wanted to see Stenlund get a 2x1. I knew he was gonna be good for his role

Reactions: pantherbot

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

i just posted something similar to @Mogo. i too can imagine him breaking out. he's an RFA after this year so we still have his rights.

i think ek is still very valuable though and i think he would stick around for less than gus if we offered, say 4x5. he loves the lifestyle, is starting a family. who wouldn't sacrifice a bit of money for a chance to stay and compete for another cup or two. on the 2nd pair with less minutes and lighter workload as he enters his 30s, he could continue to be a very effective dman and it's hard to imagine getting more value than he would bring at that price.

Ad

Ad

Ad