Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
They signed Tony DeAngelo with the SKA. I'm surprise no NHL team wanted to sign him. His horrible attitude on and off the ice ruined a great NHL career.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Did the reduce ice time coincide with Laine's injury? Maybe SKA feels like the Habs would be more willing now to pay for Demidov to be released from his contract? If SKA does not play him, that's even more pressure on Habs management to do something. Kind of weird to go ~15 min a game suddenly to ~5 min.

I wonder what's going on behind the scene.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Did the reduce ice time coincide with Laine's injury? Maybe SKA feels like the Habs would be more willing now to pay for Demidov to be released from his contract? If SKA does not play him, that's even more pressure on Habs management to do something. Kind of weird to go ~15 min a game suddenly to ~5 min.

Or they offered him an extention and he refused.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

I was just going to write the same thing before I read your post. Laine was injured Sept. 28, and while Demidov was only playing about 12-14 minutes a game before then, his TOI was reduced significantly starting in his game on Sept. 29 and has only gotten worse since then. I smell a rat.

Or they offered him an extention and he refused.
Or both.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Dozens other U-20s can be signed for no money to do the 4 minutes/night role just as well. Why do they reserve this privilege to Demidov in particular? Is it because they think they’re doing him a favor because they really like him? I don’t get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad