What’s got you jacked the most?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

The Bruins will start being the Hammer and not the Nail. I want them to be intimidating again. I think this offseason put them in the right direction.
Definitely having a heavy team, I want the Big, Bad Bruins identity back.

Hands down the newly signed Bruin's truculence followed closely by both Lindholms showing their worth

Zaddy the Baddy

Having some toughness. I am tired of Brad Marchand being the enforcer on the team. He IS tough but should not be that guy as he is one of the best players.

Heavy hockey with young guys stepping in and contributing.

Size with purpose.

Max Jones

All the new additions for sure and the kids, but if it came down to one it'd be Zadorov a defense will punish forwards.

Hockey is my only sport so I am really looking forward to it starting

I think I'd rather get hit by Clifton.

Excited to see what the Bruins look like with Bussi and Korpisalo in goal.

He was easily Vancouver's best dman in the playoffs, and that comes from Canuck fans. He was excellent in both ends of the ice. To have a defenseman who is as physically intimidating as they come in today's hockey will be a welcome addition to this team. His problem has always been consistency, but when on his game he can play in a top pairing, Sweeney knew what he was doing when he acquired him, he gives this team legitimate muscle and guys like McAvoy will really appreciate having others do more of the heavy lifting.

That defense corps has got me all jazzed up! Can't wait to watch them late season and in the playoffs. If they can stay healthy, the rest of the NHL is going to hate playing against the B's!!

Zadorov.

I know some people aren't sure about him but I firmly believe this is a guy that has just come into his own in terms of a complete game and he will be a dominant force that will elevate this D core into an elite group.
He's also going to lay some people out and that will also be awesome. (Big Bad Bruins back is the other thing, but you said pick one)

All of the above: "Truculence, violence, nastiness, HAMMER not nail. ALL of the above!

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I gave what has me excited in the thread. But when someone says they’re excited that the starting goalie isn’t signed and he’s pumped to see a reclamation project and an AHL player as their net tandem, you don’t get to question that? Isn’t that what this entire site is based on? A hockey discussion?
I quoted the wrong post, meant to start with your first one talking about Zadorov and not pissing in people's cheerios

Just seemed odd that your first thought in a thread about what exites you is to bring up what you think is wrong with a guys contract, think we have plenty of other spots to discuss that no?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I quoted the wrong post, meant to start with your first one talking about Zadorov and not pissing in people's cheerios

Just seemed odd that your first thought in a thread about what exites you is to bring up what you think is wrong with a guys contract, think we have plenty of other spots to discuss that no?
I simply pointed out that while there’s always a faction of fans who clamor for physicality, there have been players on the roster that were physical whether they cared to admit it or not. So while Zadorov is an interesting player, it’s not like his skill set was nonexistent so how much of an impact he’ll have is probably being overstated by some extent.,

And as far as the thread itself goes, I’m very interested in seeing whether Lohrei can make an even bigger leap and build off of last year. I think his progression is probably a bigger upside in terms of team impact than Zadorovs hitting, tbh

Reactions: NDiesel

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I simply pointed out that while there’s always a faction of fans who clamor for physicality, there have been players on the roster that were physical whether they cared to admit it or not. So while Zadorov is an interesting player, it’s not like his skill set was nonexistent so how much of an impact he’ll have is probably being overstated by some extent.,

And as far as the thread itself goes, I’m very interested in seeing whether Lohrei can make an even bigger leap and build off of last year. I think his progression is probably a bigger upside in terms of team impact than Zadorovs hitting, tbh
Hey all good points, Im just hoping for some more positivity in this thread - Lohrei is a great one, i think he'll push Lindholm/Zadorov down the depth chart sooner than we all think

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Toughness, kids (Lohrei, Poitras, Lysell) and E.Lindholm are my top three

I am going to throw an honorable mention at Pavel Zach as the #1 LW as well

Back to back seasons now with 57 pts and 59 pts. Both seasons playing center. I think he gets unlocked offensively this year with lesser defensive responsibilities

Calling it now I think he has a Nyquist like year with 70+ pts

Reactions: Gordoff

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I got a notification that Gordoff quoted my post (course he quoted everyone 😉) but I don’t see it there. It probably got deleted by the mods because it probably said something like “Zadarov putting either Bennett or Tkachuk, or both, in the hospital during their home opener”. If it wasn’t deleted or it didn’t say that, then what has me jacked the most is Zadarov putting either Bennett or Tkachuk or both, in the hospital during their home opener.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Time to breakout the puck-base whiskey glasses again kids

I imagine @MarchysNoseKnows ….knows a thing or two about fine scotch

In fact he’s prolly got analytics to support his claim, and then @UncleRico to refute it

IMG_6564.jpeg

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Zadorov, E. Lindholm and Tkachuk play together in Calgary? I'm hoping that deep down inside the 2 new Bruins have some "issues" that they'd like to settle with him and not just "hey dude, how've you been, congrats on the Cup."

Reactions: BMC and NDiesel

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Jacked and pumped about the start of hockey season, especially after the demise of our summer team. Hoping for anew strategy including lots of clean effective, timely hitting without hospitalizing opponent players.

Excited to find out how the goaltender situation is resolved. Does Swayman re-up or get moved for a first and power RW?

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad