Series Discussion Western Conference Finals - Dallas vs. Edmonton | Oilers lead 3-2

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
You're looking at 150 for nosebleeds in the "endzone" sections. Lower bowl pushes 500 a seat for WCF.

That's probably correct except for HSFB.

The Stars still have a large following and sell out every game. Certainly not a bygone team in the city.

HSFB and CFB are more localized and have some crazy fanatics. HSFB is very big in particular communities, but the city as a whole doesn't care too much. That's more of a suburb thing.

I don't know how big CFB is to Dallas in particular. Same kinda thing as HSFB but on a larger scale.
I figured hockey would go over big in Dallas.
I dont know much about Texas. My brother has been living in Richardson for 25 years but I never been down . Would love to see stadium Cowboys play in.
I heard a stat once and I cant confirm it but it stated that more people play football in the state of Texas then people play hockey in the country of Canada

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I figured hockey would go over big in Dallas.
I dont know much about Texas. My brother has been living in Richardson for 25 years but I never been down . Would love to see stadium Cowboys play in.
I heard a stat once and I cant confirm it but it stated that more people play football in the state of Texas then people play hockey in the country of Canada

That sounds about right. Texas and Canada have similar populations.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Just checked again, and the tickets i got are now $240 each before fees. Up $90 since people found out we are playing McDavid and the Oilers I suppose, or just because supply has gone down. Probably both
I live on East Coast of Canada but I have been to Arena in Edmonton and I went to GM 3 Stanley Cup Finals in Edmonton in 2006. For lower bowl, you are looking at close to 1000$ and @400$ nosebleeds

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Nosebleeds overlooking the center of the ice (purchased before we found out who we were playing), but still not awful. Lower bowl is like $400-500+. I'd imagine that's still much cheaper than in Edmonton

And there's too many high school football teams for them to overtake the Stars but this order seems about right:

1. Cowboys
2. College football (although most of the good teams aren't too close to Dallas, but TV viewership wise absolutely). The Cotton Bowl is the biggest event of any sport here generally
3. Mavericks
4. Rangers
5. Stars
6. FC Dallas

So hey we aren't last I don't think. Even then, Stars fanbase is big cause there's so many damn people here. Plenty to go around
Good sports city for sure.
In Edmonton, its Oilers 24/7 365 days a year. City is over 1,000,000. They have a CFL football team but I hate the CFL and I have never been to one.

Any hockey youth programs going throughout Dallas? IK would imagine its very expensive

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
That sounds about right. Texas and Canada have similar populations.
Canada is growing like crazy now. Our leader opened the door to mass immigration and we dont have the available housing so it has created an awful crisis. Its close to 41,000,00 now. I realize Texas has a problem with undocumented immigration. IS just over 30,000,00 a correct population?

Reactions: Devonator

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Any hockey youth programs going throughout Dallas? IK would imagine its very expensive
There's a ton of youth hockey in Dallas and a lot of adult leagues. Many of the suburban high schools have teams, and there are a bunch of travel teams.

The Stars own 8 buildings with 15 sheets. Then there are at least two other independent hockey buildings with four more sheets. For comparison's sake, I lived in Cleveland for a bit and was surprised to find there were fewer rinks and fewer options for adult hockey than Dallas. Google tells me the entire state of Ohio has 22 rinks.

This map doesn't include the independent rinks in Allen (east of the McKinney rink) and North Richland Hills (northwest of Euless).

1556144686-full.png

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You're looking at 150 for nosebleeds in the "endzone" sections. Lower bowl pushes 500 a seat for WCF.
It's also worth pointing out those top level seats at the AAC are absolutely terrible. I'd rather watch on TV than sit three or four stories above the rink to see ants fighting over a tiny spec.

Reactions: LT

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Yea for upper bowl you really wanna be in a lower row

I don't even know why the 400s section exists outside of making more money

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
It's also worth pointing out those top level seats at the AAC are absolutely terrible. I'd rather watch on TV than sit three or four stories above the rink to see ants fighting over a tiny spec.

I have sat at the /very/ top of the arena once.

Never again. Not enjoyable nor comfortable in the slightest, but hey they were free preseason tickets.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Center ice, top of the arena isn't bad. That's where I was for the 5-0 slaughter of Edmonton in early April. A great time was had by everyone. Either end of the goals or those corners, top of the arena is terrible.

Reactions: LT

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

That's probably correct except for HSFB.

The Stars still have a large following and sell out every game. Certainly not a bygone team in the city.

HSFB and CFB are more localized and have some crazy fanatics. HSFB is very big in particular communities, but the city as a whole doesn't care too much. That's more of a suburb thing.

I don't know how big CFB is to Dallas in particular. Same kinda thing as HSFB but on a larger scale.
I'd put TXHSFB at two or three. Fanatics but for their particular team and there are over 1,000 of them so there's not one or two big teams to pull for. There's a pretty good amount of people who do follow it overall and not just their team as well. State championship games get big crowds. TXHSFB is right up there for me.

You guys taking the train to the game or riding your horse?
Riding up on my mini horse Lil' Sebastian.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
what's it say in the chapter on goalie interference?
It has an addendum about "when playing Colorado, Goalie interference shall be assessed, if a player is within a goalies safe space bubble and Colorado is not leading the game by multiple goals. Or if MacKinnon, an extra on ice official, deems it to be interreference by virtue of flailing his arms around in a vague fashion which could be mistaken for a referee hand signal, or if he flops on the ice and cries."

It's actually quite thorough

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
There's a ton of youth hockey in Dallas and a lot of adult leagues. Many of the suburban high schools have teams, and there are a bunch of travel teams.

The Stars own 8 buildings with 15 sheets. Then there are at least two other independent hockey buildings with four more sheets. For comparison's sake, I lived in Cleveland for a bit and was surprised to find there were fewer rinks and fewer options for adult hockey than Dallas. Google tells me the entire state of Ohio has 22 rinks.

This map doesn't include the independent rinks in Allen (east of the McKinney rink) and North Richland Hills (northwest of Euless).

1556144686-full.png
thx for the info
Really surprises me for Ohio. Cold State, industrial, close to Canada. I figured there would be more.
Richardson, thats where my brother lives. Is that basically a suburb of Dallas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad