Pre-Game Talk: We're so back (this game may not happen) Bruins @ Panthers Tuesday @ 7PM -RAISE THE BANNER

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Bruins watching the banner go up:

gus-walz-thats-my-dad-dnc-love.gif

With the weather this game might not happen, not sure if anyone's making a GDT?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Bit of a long post. I won't lie I'm in total IDGAF mode. Feels like we can ride out this year on the Cup. I'm a bit confused about the opening night roster, GR posted this: Florida Panthers Ready to Play for Real. Updating the Opening Roster

Florida has to be cap compliant by 5PM today. Because Driedger is still up, the only way this is possible is if Nosek is placed on LTIR and Giles and Vilmanis are loaned to Charlotte today. This would be a paper move to try to get Driedger through waivers.

Going back to GR's article, the math doesn't add up. Let's assume on Monday, Driedger is waived and clears Tuesday. On Tuesday, Giles and Vilmanis could be called back up, so Florida would have 14 forwards, like GR says, but even if Nosek is placed on LTIR (GR says IR but that wouldn't add cap relief) Florida is still 300k over. The only way they could be cap compliant with 14 forwards is if Nosek is LTIR'd and Driedger is kept with Knight waived, which I think would be surprising. My suspicion is Giles will be called back up Tuesday but Vilmanis won't be. Opening night:

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Rodrigues-Bennett-Thachuk
Luo-Lundell-Samo
Greer-Boqvist-Giles

healthy scratch-Gadjo, LTIR-Nosek

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-Boqvist
Schmidt-Kuli
healthy scratch-Balinskis

Bob
Knight

The above is cap compliant. The only way to keep 14 forwards is to take the above lineup and waive Knight and have Driedger as backup.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Bit of a long post. I won't lie I'm in total IDGAF mode. Feels like we can ride out this year on the Cup. I'm a bit confused about the opening night roster, GR posted this: Florida Panthers Ready to Play for Real. Updating the Opening Roster

Florida has to be cap compliant by 5PM today. Because Driedger is still up, the only way this is possible is if Nosek is placed on LTIR and Giles and Vilmanis are loaned to Charlotte today. This would be a paper move to try to get Driedger through waivers.

Going back to GR's article, the math doesn't add up. Let's assume on Monday, Driedger is waived and clears Tuesday. On Tuesday, Giles and Vilmanis could be called back up, so Florida would have 14 forwards, like GR says, but even if Nosek is placed on LTIR (GR says IR but that wouldn't add cap relief) Florida is still 300k over. The only way they could be cap compliant with 14 forwards is if Nosek is LTIR'd and Driedger is kept with Knight waived, which I think would be surprising. My suspicion is Giles will be called back up Tuesday but Vilmanis won't be. Opening night:

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Rodrigues-Bennett-Thachuk
Luo-Lundell-Samo
Greer-Boqvist-Giles

healthy scratch-Gadjo, LTIR-Nosek

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-Boqvist
Schmidt-Kuli
healthy scratch-Balinskis

Bob
Knight

The above is cap compliant. The only way to keep 14 forwards is to take the above lineup and waive Knight and have Driedger as backup.
Our cap number is the same whether Knight is up or down. We only get a million in cap relief if we sent Knight back to Charlotte. Which would then be replaced by Judge.

Was this way last year too with Stolarz.

Knight will stay up having earned the job in camp IMO. Knight is still waiver exempt and could be sent down without issue but there is no cap advantage for the team in doing so.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Our cap number is the same whether Knight is up or down. We only get a million in cap relief if we sent Knight back to Charlotte. Which would then be replaced by Judge.
Right but that's different? if Knight is waived it lowers Florida's cap by 1.15 million (Wade Redden rule only allows you to "bury" 1.15 million), but if Driedger is waived it lowers Florida's cap by $795k.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Right but that's different? if Knight is waived it lowers Florida's cap by 1.15 million (Wade Redden rule only allows you to "bury" 1.15 million), but if Driedger is waived it lowers Florida's cap by $795k.
Puckpedia showing we are 700K under the cap unless something is missing?

1728309907963.png

Pink Panther

Jan 13, 2015
Hollywood

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Yes but that's without Samoskevich at 925k ...
Also doesn't include Driedger, Puckpedia is trying and their GM creator mode isn't bad but it's not capfriendly.

I see, missed Samo.

Nosek should be put on IR so that clears room for Samo. Driedger is shown as non-roster on Puckpedia so I don't know the status there.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
It's very likely to lose some juice before making landfall, but it's still going to be a major hurricane. Think we're just gonna get the outer SE bands of it down here, though.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Not gonna lie, haven't really been excited for this regular season. Not sure I'll be watching every game of the season like I've done the past few years.

Would take a few of our players really lighting the league up (like Tkachuk in 2022) or excellent development from our young guns to reinvigorate my excitement for this RS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad