Confirmed with Link: Wennberg (50% retained) to NYR For a 2nd ('24) and 4th ('25)

Are you happy with the trade

• Very happy with the trade!

Votes: 35 13.5%
  • It's decent, i'm good with it

Votes: 161 61.9%
  • Meh, not the biggest fan

Votes: 52 20.0%
  • Very unhappy with the trade!

Votes: 12 4.6%

• Total voters

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
He can't get off this team soon enough for my tastes.
He's such a non-factor. Brodz could do better in that spot and that isn't saying much. So sick of Roslovic too. He had an easy board battle to win and half assed it which - including the Igor and Laf bumbles led to the 2nd goal but Ros could have 100% prevented that all by actually making an effort, winning the board battle and keeping what WAS a strong shift alive and threaten a tying goal. Wennberg has been spectacular as Kris Newbury

Reactions: Slaydagnar

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He costs 3 easy payments of $29.95. He's not why this game was lost.
I see that statement often but in my mind our 3rd line has been a big issue in the playoffs. Not the only issue but if they cant score they will be a minus at some point.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Watching him against a pretty good Avs team last year he wasn't this inept offensively. I am not expecting him to be a point a game guy but at least 4-5 points thru 11 games or so would be great. I mean 1 damn assist and that's it???

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Watching him against a pretty good Avs team last year he wasn't this inept offensively. I am not expecting him to be a point a game guy but at least 4-5 points thru 11 games or so would be great. I mean 1 damn assist and that's it???
I agree. He has been better than this in the past but its not only him. Will and KK have produced 1 & 2 points each as well.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I don't care how many points he actually has if he's driving plays and scoring opportunities on his line. I feel like his role in the offensive zone is to coast along the boards and let pucks slip by or attempt impossible passes that just get picked off 100% of the time.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
He seemed decent at first. Like a stop gap for Chytil. But good lord his game has just vanished from the planet. He really doesnt deserve to be in the lineup.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't care how many points he actually has if he's driving plays and scoring opportunities on his line. I feel like his role in the offensive zone is to coast along the boards and let pucks slip by or attempt impossible passes that just get picked off 100% of the time.
at some point we do have to care. The third line has to put up some goals and if they are doing it Wennberg is obviously gonna have to be a part of that on the scoresheet.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I look at Webber’s like Jasper Fasth. Smart role player. Responsible defensively. Guys like him. Just don’t expect much offense.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
at some point we do have to care. The third line has to put up some goals and if they are doing it Wennberg is obviously gonna have to be a part of that on the scoresheet.
I agree. My point is if Wennberg was helping the 3rd line score but didn't get the points, that would be 100% fine. e.g. Kakko and Cuylle each have 10 goals and somehow Wennberg has zero assists but helped make those goals happen? Can't complain with those type of results, stats be damned.

Reactions: bl02

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I agree. The idea that we can have 2 lines play 15-20 minutes a game combined with absolutely no scoring responsibility is misguided for a team that wants to win a cup imo. I'm not asking them to be Gretzky but they do have to chip in at least every once in a while like other cup teams 3rd and 4th lines otherwise we have little chance at those rings imo.

Reactions: Slaydagnar and bl02

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
how tf did he not score here

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-23 181455.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 181455.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Wow
Reactions: Bondra slapshot

Ad

Upcoming events