• YES

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
Every time I tune in to watch the game, even midway through we lose.
I guess I'll have to make sure that doesn't happen again by getting shitfaced early in friday evening. It'll work out fine since it's midsummer here anyways. You can thank me later.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
What switch flicked for Tkachuk? He suddenly started playing like he did last year. More of that please!
Desperation. He's obviously hurt, just not being very physical and taking lots of days off. He won't be able to keep it up.

I'm guessing a lot of guys more hurt than being let on. Every team banged up by now, Oilers have their injuries, but Panthers have played the most physical of any team and all the guys have taken beatings. Looks like it's catching up to them. They're still playing the same game, just a step slower and losing puck battles. Team got into desperation mode and played better, same with the start. Not sure they can keep it up.

Reino isn't the same, he's taken a lot of punishment. Same with Verhaeghe. Barkov I doubt didn't have a concussion. Tkachuk is definitely hurt. Bennett also has been taking off days and leads the playoffs in hits. Several guys have taken nasty knee on knee hits (Luo, Erod, Ekblad, Bennett). OEL got boarded couple games ago, no call. I think there was a game Forsling looked to get hurt but came back. That's just off the top of my head.

I just hope they've got enough for one more. Need to put it all out there next game.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I don't think Tkachuk is hurt at all.

I just think he is stopping himself from being over aggressive just so he doesn't receive a retaliatory hit like last year and break his sternum again

He directly didn't answer when asked why he's been taking days off. And it's not just the physical play, it's even how he's been playing. He's definitely hurt.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nobody said it was going to be easy.

Two chances to win one game. One at home.

Got to fix the special teams problems and play 5on5. They’ve had no match for the 5on5 play for the most part.

Put the stamp down early in game 6 and make them try to play catch up. And don’t help them out in doing it.

Good luck panthers

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
I'll be in Poland on Friday. Quite sure that's what the team needs.

Won't look at this game afterwards, but as far as I understand we played better as the game went on. Thats encouraging in a way - we ended 5 periods of misery. The momentum has obviously switched, but coming back from behind is our strenght.

Feel bad for Bob. He's been playing so good up to these last two games. Hope he makes some nice saves to calm the team down.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
That play by Katchuk to stop the puck going in the empty net I think was the best hockey play I've ever seen, all of this while gnawing at his mouthpiece. The replay of him from the net camera is just amazing. Insane play.
Watching the replay, OEL just stops f***ing skating. I mean, I doubt he would have stopped McDavid but at least make an attempt! What an absolute slap in the face to one of the greatest efforts I've ever seen to keep the puck out of an EN.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Time to face reality.

The momentum in this series has officially shifted away from us. As far as I’m concerned, we are no longer the favorites and this series can go either way now.

Here are some red flags:

-McDavid is starting to score some goals and pulled off a highlight reel assist tonight

-Their PP has broken through

-Our PP looks more inept than ever and is actively costing us games (Brandon Montour is a total liability)

-Our goaltending has come back down to earth hard

-We are squeezing the sticks, making panic plays and clearly feeling the pressure

-We appear to be banged up

Winning Friday can only happen if we see a massive turnaround in net and on our special teams.

I can't believe how bad we are on the powerplay. It's legitimately jaw dropping that, in the Stanley Cup Final, we can't even manage to break even. We are at the stage now where keeping the puck out of our own net on our own powerplay would be an actual accomplishment. I cannot adequately express how embarrassing that is.

Bottom line is we will not be in this position again for a long time. The coaching staff needs to communicate that in the best way possible and instill a killer instinct in this group to take what is right in front of them. These guys have worked their entire lives to win a Stanley Cup and it is slipping away. They've got to settle down and get back to the structured, sound defensive system that got them here in the first place. They have to make the right adjustments (please no more Montour on the powerplay), clean up their sloppy passing, and get back to suffocating the Oilers offense again if they're going to have any chance at winning another game.

I'll end on a positive note: To me, going through this emotional roller coaster and finding a way to stave off Edmonton's comeback to win it all would arguably be more rewarding than cruising to victory - even if these losses really suck. We still have a chance to do just that.

See you all on Friday.

Last edited:

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Every time I tune in to watch the game, even midway through we lose.
I guess I'll have to make sure that doesn't happen again by getting shitfaced early in friday evening. It'll work out fine since it's midsummer here anyways. You can thank me later.
I'm about to go to a summer festival and really don't want to wake up from my tent feeling hangover and see that the Panthers have lost again.
My saturday mood & hangover levels will depend on that lol.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
As bad as the result, I saw enough that I confident this ends Friday.

As long as the lineup changes on the PP sticks as well as 5 v 5, and the same Tkachuk appears, we end this Friday

I stake my account on it.

I'll be back here after the game

This f***ing ends friday

I feel like if beach ball Bob shows up again it wont matter how good the team plays in front of him

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
We stopped playing with our nastiness this series. We’ve let them take liberties and dirty hits and haven’t done anything about it.

Every other series we’d be in the face of the opponents after the whistle. Now it’s like PoMo said to avoid taking any possible penalties.

Start playing with that edge again or get ready for another loss.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
The momentum changed in the 3rd period of the game 3. Something like 15 minutes before the end Florida controlled the game and Edmonton couldn't do anything. Then suddenly EDM started to score goals. In game 4 FLA was in trouble. EDM started to believe that they can score and win games. McDavid is now in the god mode where Bob was earlier in the series. Barkov and Bob don't play as well as they used to.

This doesn't look good now. It's not acceptable to let the opponent team to score twice in a row a SHG early in the game when everyone knows how important opening goals are. Now players really need to step up and take the momentum back because in past two games they have looked like the team that played against Vegas last year.

It would have been nice to hoist the cup at home but now it needs to be done in Edmonton. I don't believe that this team can get it done in game 7 if they let Edmonton to come from 3-0 to 3-3.

I hate to wait 3 more days but at least the game 6 will be played in Midsummer when nobody sleeps anyway.
kokko.jpeg

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Reinhart has also fallen back to earth production wise. Nearly the exact same production as last postseason, and this is probably what he really is going forward. He was a huge reason for our pp% success, and look how it is now that he's not scoring at an absurd pace. (not the only reason for its inefficiency ofc)

On the bright side it should lower his price..

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
Some hopium

La kings were up 3-0
Got beat 3-1 in game 4, 2-1 in game 5, then beat the devils 6-1 in 6

We lost two straight vs the rangers, we then won 3 in row to close it then 3 vs the oilers, losing two sucks especially cause it just looked like we gave up until halfway through this game.

Were better on the road, and weve seemed to have gotten back into our groove with extra hatred.

Man im tired, got to leave for work in 5hrs

In my own copium way I like to think that this is what we needed. 2 losses in a row to get our mind off of the fact that we’re 1 win away from the cup and celebrations and instead just feel pissed to focus on winning because we aren’t gonna lose 3 in a row to this team type thing…

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Tough Pill to swallow right now. I will probably take a 2 day break from Hockey now and may skip the beginnjng of Game 6.
We gotta Show up in, Game 6 and dont Hand them another f***ing Shorty

Reactions: I am not exposed

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Tough Pill to swallow right now. I will probably take a 2 day break from Hockey now and may skip the beginnjng of Game 6.
We gotta Show up in, Game 6 and dont Hand them another f***ing Shorty
Its annoying that we had numbers goin the other way on their powerplay a few times that game, then they hesitate and lose possession or dump it in without even getting a shot on.

Shit you do when youre up by a lot, not when youre down by a lot. Not sure where the urgency was at times

Reactions: Boothinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad