Votes: 28 75.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
Nice season and all but it gets to a point where you’re as close to the Cup as we are and anything less than that sucks.

Like if you lose in the 1st or 2nd round you can stomach that but it’s tough in the finals.
I gotta disagree. Especially after last year.
Getting blown out in the second round after the regular season we had.
Really pissed me off.
Made the whole season seem sour.

This season was frustrating. We sucked the first couple of months.
We made our way into the playoffs when we were
dead in the water in January.
This team never quits unlike last years team.

Losing in the finals this year.
If that is what is going to happen.
Will never hurt as much as the disgusting effort from last year.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
We need more playoff difference makers. I really like Tyler bertuzzi and hope we land him this summer.

Rhino and Benny and duke are very inconsistent and not consistent difference makers
I think Benny needs a lower role. He’d be an amazing third liner. He’s still a pretty decent second line guy. He’s a playoff guy though. Reinhart and Duke I agree on. Need more intensity in this lineup. Vegas has that in spades.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I think Benny needs a lower role. He’d be an amazing third liner. He’s still a pretty decent second line guy. He’s a playoff guy though. Reinhart and Duke I agree on. Need more intensity in this lineup. Vegas has that in spades.

Bennett tries too hard to be *the* guy. Holds onto the puck way too long in most cases and usually turns it over. One in a 100 tries it’s a nice play that leads to a goal but every other time the puck is going the other way.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Nice season and all but it gets to a point where you’re as close to the Cup as we are and anything less than that sucks.

Like if you lose in the 1st or 2nd round you can stomach that but it’s tough in the finals.
This is true.

And nothing short of a championship can erase the bad taste. The Mavs loss in 2006 hurt till 2011. And honestly, I am not as all in the to the Mavs as i am with the Panthers. Partially because I have felt that championship, but also, just a different level of Fan-hood.

Great ride, but this feels like the ride broke at the top and I can't get off

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
We're very beat up. Has the feel of a team whose gas tank is about to hit E. It's been a real difficult run physically for these guys and it goes back into the regular season when they were playing just to get in.
That's where I'm at now. Seeing this team in person tonight really showed me that they were giving it their all but there's just not a lot left to give.

They've been playing high intensity hockey for 2 months and it's catching up to them, as it would with any team. They're f***en fighters though and they're going down swinging that's for sure.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
That's where I'm at now. Seeing this team in person tonight really showed me that they were giving it their all but there's just not a lot left to give.

They've been playing high intensity hockey for 2 months and it's catching up to them, as it would with any team. They're f***en fighters though and they're going down swinging that's for sure.
I’d agree: effort was there, some stupid mistakes

it sounds like bitching but we need Eetu out there.

i feel okay despite the lost: the core cares. None of that Huberdeau disappearing or Weegar mistakes

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Special teams should be an area marked for improvement in the off-season.

This is where I'm going to go back to hating Maurice, I think.

Reactions: Beezers Mask

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
Thanks for the season guys! I'm done with hockey. 10 day break made us look like the team at the beginning of the season. Sucks.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
All I gotta tell you guys is: it’s not over till we say it’s over!!

Seriously, it’s actually not over until one team has 4 wins. As pissed as I am that we got no PPs until they had no choice but to award one with 17 seconds to go (like how about the first one where M Staal had his stick slashed out of his hands worse than Mahura did in game 1 to the Vegas asshole, and then M Staal is the one with the penalty) … we played a decent game and can take one in Vegas.

We were gonna have to take one in Vegas anyway, might as well do so next game.

I choose to believe.

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
We need to stop this lol. Vegas is an incredible hockey team. They are jsut top to bottom firing on all cylinders. They look incredible that’s why we don’t look great.
They really are and I hope we would be built like them, but lets be honest. This team can't make even a juniors grade passes to connect and that wasn't the case before this series. We would still get our asses kicked, but at least this could be a series. Vegas is Tampa 2.0 and I love the way they play. We haven't been a worthy team to play against in finals.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
They really are and I hope we would be built like them, but lets be honest. This team can't make even a juniors grade passes to connect and that wasn't the case before this series. We would still get our asses kicked, but at least this could be a series. Vegas is Tampa 2.0 and I love the way they play. We haven't been a worthy team to play against in finals.
Like I’ve been saying our D core sucks. Staal and Ekblad need to be replaced. They are too slow and can never get to the puck in the corner.

Reactions: teugen

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
Like I’ve been saying our D core sucks. Staal and Ekblad need to be replaced. They are too slow and can never get to the puck in the corner.
Yeah, 100% true. Probably the passes between forwards could be better if we had better D core to open the game up. Ot not. We have only the "pass first" guys as forwards, except chucky and swaggy. Swaggy wasn't actually bad, but I kinda forgot he was with the team at all before the OT winner. We need way more shooting and grittttt up front besides updating the D core.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I refuse to blame referees. Losing against Tampa has taught me that. But I'll say this

It's weird how the NHL rule changes from game 82 to game 1, then again from game 17-21-ish to the last 4-7 games of the year

Last edited:
Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
With how hurt these guys are, maybe the schedule for games 5, 6, and 7 might be actually in our favor.

Idk I'm looking for anything here. I want them to win and I didn't expect to be this sad about losing.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
It's over thats all i can say, the fear is always when will we make it back to the SCF if ever. But oh well is what it is......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad